• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ESPN 106.5 The Ticket

??? gee i dont know i think it sholud have went conservitive to clense the station of there liberal ways

WLQR used to be beautiful music at 101.5 before moving to 1470 AM,the former Top 40 WOHO.

So is this an AM/FM sports simulcast..or is 1470 going to change formats and calls?

kirkiefan said:
WLQR used to be beautiful music at 101.5 before moving to 1470 AM,the former Top 40 WOHO.

So is this an AM/FM sports simulcast..or is 1470 going to change formats and calls?

It'll be a sports simulcast on the AM & FM. The AM still carries the Detroit Tigers games, which they aren't allowed to transfer over to the FM side.

:)i personaly miss the zone and the buzz i think they should have moved the zone to 94.5 fm and just adedd that classic rock and and 90s alternitive rock alltogther

Memo to Cumulus Toledo:

"WLQR Toledo/Delta" is not a proper legal ID for both 1470 and 106.5. You'd better hope the FCC's Detroit field office isn't visiting...

OhioMediaWatch said:
Memo to Cumulus Toledo:

"WLQR Toledo/Delta" is not a proper legal ID for both 1470 and 106.5. You'd better hope the FCC's Detroit field office isn't visiting...

So, What is the proper ID?

Is 106.5 not permitted to carry the Tigers games since they are so close to Detroit? Additionally, I'm surprised CBS hasn't sent a little letter to Cumulus yet. I know it's a different market, but it's close enough to where I would think they'd have some issues, no?

gabigley1 said:
OhioMediaWatch said:
Memo to Cumulus Toledo:

WLQR Toledo, WLQR-FM Delta. It's acceptable to insert frequency/channel number and licensee name between each set of calls and city of license - but you have to do each callsign followed by each city of license.

If both stations were licensed to Toledo, the FCC generally looks the other way at "WLQR AM and FM, Toledo" - but since 106.5 isn't licensed to Toledo, there has to be a "WLQR-FM Delta" in there somewhere, and there's not.

And of course, technically, AM is an "extraneous" addition. There is no such thing as "WLQR-AM" as a official callsign for a standard band station...the (AM) is silent :)

Still, the FCC looks the other way at that one, too...and plenty of stations ID that way ("WARF-AM Akron").

Anyway, the point here is that you can't just add a legal ID to your FM simulcaster by throwing the FM's COL after the AM legal ID. :D

OhioMediaWatch said:
Anyway, the point here is that you can't just add a legal ID to your FM simulcaster by throwing the FM's COL after the AM legal ID. :D

Also, the AM cal letters are always to be announced first, hence, no need to ID as WLQR-AM Toledo?

gabigley1 said:
OhioMediaWatch said:

Also, the AM cal letters are always to be announced first, hence, no need to ID as WLQR-AM Toledo?

Mr. Fybush could probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the rules about the order of the ID if two stations are IDing at the same time.

Everything you'd want to know about it, including those official rules, here:

http://www.tophour.com/whats-a-legal-id

There's no need to announce "WLQR-AM" because that's not a legal call sign. The facility at 1470 kHz licensed to Toledo is, officially, "WLQR". No "-AM". If you look up its records in the FCC database, you won't see "-AM".

All AM stations are "standard band" stations. They came first. :)

MikeStandardsFromIndiana said:
Heck all the time when WZPL and WNTR in indy ID they always throw the FM in even though there are no WZPL and WNTR AM in the us that im aware of

As far as I remember, a FM or TV station can request the FCC to drop the attached suffix if there is a corresponding AM station with the same call letters changed calls. There once was a "WNTR" in Washington DC (which is now that's city's Air America affiliate) but this was way back in the late 80s.

Quote from: OhioMediaWatch on August 15, 2009, 11:45:34 PM
Memo to Cumulus Toledo:

Did someone miss Announcing 101?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom