• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

End of the line for WMXP, Greenville

Much improvement on signal strength (95.5 WLTE) in parts of Greenville yesterday. Including all along Woodruff Road and the Five Forks area. Observed a decent signal off Roper Mountain Road and Highway 14 as well, which is where 103.3 should start to be the stronger choice over 95.5. A bit weak at times but still better near GSP airport / Highway 101 than before.

Still a few weak spots in Downtown Greenville, but Solid on Pleasantburg Drive / Mauldin Rd / Augusta Rd, South of Downtown as well. Definitely a big improvement from 103.3 in that area.

That was likely W238AW in West View broadcasting His Radio.

Doubt it, especially such a low signal potential of only 30 watts and only 21 feet above the ground. It was not broadcasting last I checked when I drove past their site near Moore, SC. Even if it was on, signal would have trouble reaching even 5 miles. As a secondary service, this would still be enough for WLTE to file another interference report to the FCC.

As mentioned it (was) relaying His Radio Z, which broadcasts in Spartanburg on 104.1 (WHRZ-LP) and 102.1 in Greenville (W271BS), and on HD Radio 89.3 WLFJ HD-2.

Last edited:
Might be off now. However, they just upgraded their power/signal at a new transmitter location and filed for a License To Cover (meaning it was built).

Glad to hear whatever the issue was is being resolved. Is WNGR off the air now? No change with the signal in Laurens, in many areas the signals are about the same but 103.3 continues to be the stronger choice overall, it does get co-channel interference on my Sangean portable from C3 WZSN 103.5 in Greenwood.

95.5 signal seems to be steady now. The HD signal is solid until you get toward Hwy 14 where it starts to break up pretty quickly. Has a solid HD lock downtown Greenville, Haywood Rd, Laurens Rd, Mauldin etc all the way out to Roper Mountain Rd near Pelham where it starts to switch between analog and HD quite often. It doesn’t seem like they have the RDS fully on yet on the analog or HD, analog just says “Info” at times and no artist/song and rarely station name, HD just has generic station name but it does have a logo now.

Here’s the updated legal ID I recorded from 95.5

Last edited:
I’ve noticed something a bit odd with 95.5. Sometimes the HD refuses to lock and almost comes in and goes out in 5 second increments - when it goes out, RDS text shows up (looks just like 103.3’s) and the process repeats. It did it Sunday and was about to drive me crazy because the audio kept skipping/changing switching in and out of HD. When you’re in an area where the HD can’t be received, or using a non-HD radio, there’s no RDS.

So it seems like their RDS only works when the HD is in this weird in-out 5 second pattern. Anybody know what would cause the HD to do that (not a signal issue) or the RDS to only display then?

Back
Top Bottom