• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EMF stations dead-air at 11pm Central

It seems several EMF stations are dead-air this evening. Did they loose their uplink? Is it in Cali or in Colorado where there are all the fires, etc?

OKCRadioGuy said:
It seems several EMF stations are dead-air this evening. Did they loose their uplink? Is it in Cali or in Colorado where there are all the fires, etc?

Not aware of any issues -- EMF's uplink is in Rockin Ca.. no where near Colorado fires... Besides even if Rockin would go down.. EMF has backup in Indy at their Morning show cluster.

There was an issue at the Rockin studios.. Larry (the host on KLove) mentioned it on air... Both Air1/KLove were dead air breifly he said on the internet stream and the satellite uplink to the FMs.

My guess a problem with their "wide orbit" automation system...

One side note... EMF has a 24/7 Network Operations Center in Rocklin at their corporate offices that monitor their entire network of stations / translators for issues.

They sure do Matt...and if the entire chain went silent at 11PM, you can bet that little room in Rocklin' got more calls than Florida got rain earlier this week.

BobOnTheJob said:
They sure do Matt...and if the entire chain went silent at 11PM, you can bet that little room in Rocklin' got more calls than Florida got rain earlier this week.

Studio did for sure (since it was just right before 9pm Pacific)... Larry mentioned them off being the air for quite a few breaks after they came back on ... including taking phoners from listeners "missing" their KLove.

xmusicmatt said:

I would doubt an automation failure since you could always just play a CD. If it was dead air, I would suspect a power failure or something that would disable the entire studio. Wide Orbit also can work in "island mode" so it would take a lot to kill the entire automation system.

Lazy J said:
xmusicmatt said:

I would doubt an automation failure since you could always just play a CD. If it was dead air, I would suspect a power failure or something that would disable the entire studio. Wide Orbit also can work in "island mode" so it would take a lot to kill the entire automation system.

That was my first "guess" not being on the inside.. however after they came back on I heard the on air talent mention something to the tune of "something happened back in the satellite area"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom