• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Email Scam I think..Bank of America

E

Ethel

I just got an email from Bank of America stating that I had some problems with my online account and to log on to it. It looked official really.

But I don't have an account with Bank of America..LOL
I sent a spam report to my internet service provider..
What do you guys think..? Is it nationwide?

What do you guys think..? Is it nationwide?"

Yes, it's Nationwide and it's become so common I am surprised they are still finding any takers. They must be however because they keep sending them.

Your real bank will send emails from time to time, but they never ask for information. Email isn't secure. I once TRIED to correspond with my bank via regular email and they wouldn't do it for security reasons.

> I just got an email from Bank of America stating that I had
> some problems with my online account and to log on to it.
> It looked official really.
>
> But I don't have an account with Bank of America..LOL
> I sent a spam report to my internet service provider..
> What do you guys think..? Is it nationwide?
> <P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it." - <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein"> Albert Einstein </a></P>

> I just got an email from Bank of America stating that I had
> some problems with my online account and to log on to it.
> It looked official really.
>
> But I don't have an account with Bank of America..LOL
> I sent a spam report to my internet service provider..
> What do you guys think..? Is it nationwide?

I probably average at least one of those a day coming into my Yahoo mailbox.

Phishing scams have been prevalent on the net for years. No reputable company requests personal information via email.

Most of these scam artists come from China, South Korea, and Russia. There is nothing that US authorities can do about them unless they are in the US. The best thing to do is to immediately delete any and all of these types of emails. If a company wants you to resubmit personal info, they'll do so by snail-mail, and then verify it before you do anything.

I'm surprised that terrorist organizations and rogue nations like North Korea haven't started "phising" schemes.

After all, such schemes allow their perpertrators access to victims' bank accounts. And terrorist organizations could drain victims' bank accounts to finance their evil plans of death and destruction.

Terrorist phishing

Good point. Apparently they have started. See here .

> I'm surprised that terrorist organizations and rogue nations
> like North Korea haven't started "phising" schemes.
>
> After all, such schemes allow their perpertrators access to
> victims' bank accounts. And terrorist organizations could
> drain victims' bank accounts to finance their evil plans of
> death and destruction.
> <P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it." - Albert Einstein </P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom