• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Edge blows out 2

Wow...I guess being rated Tulsa's favorite morning show by the readers of Urban Tulsa Weekly doesn't matter.

And all on-air ties to KMYZ's days as "Hot Rockin' Z104.5" are now gone...

And I had no idea Ken Wall was gone too. Kriegler is back to programming the Edge. Interesting.

I never know what this station is doing or exactly what their format is supposed to be.

ionosphere said:
Wow...I guess being rated Tulsa's favorite morning show by the readers of Urban Tulsa Weekly doesn't matter.

You would be correct about that and it would be true in any market in the country. No matter what publication results are, if it doesn't show up in the ratings, it doesn't matter.

It seems that Lionel and pals are getting cheap. It makes me wonder if that's because his dead-tree rag isn't doing too great, nor are his other radio properties. It's sad to see one of the last places for talent to not be screwed over is shriveling up and blowing away. Look for what ratings they had to go away. Anytime the talent gets cheapened up and elimatinated there's eventual fallout from it. Also, making one PD watch over two usually means something isn't going to get nearly as much attention as it used to.

I'd agree that the family newspaper business in PA is hurting the work of the radio stations here in Tulsa. I'm sorry to see both of those guys go; I assume this means no more Essential Mix, either? I really enjoyed what Demko put together each week.

...I guess this nixes the idea of talking to THEM about a job, huh? ;D

I'll agree that Paul IS an exceptional PD. I feel badly he's having to juggle both stations but if anybody can do it, he can. He gave The Edge some pretty exceptional books a number of years back, didn't he?

I also wonder if Greg will be back as an on-air guest to promote the drums fundraiser he's involved with each year... I hope so. I've really admired his passion for it, and for helping others through it.

Strange world...

NightAire said:
I'd agree that the family newspaper business in PA is hurting the work of the radio stations here in Tulsa. I'm sorry to see both of those guys go; I assume this means no more Essential Mix, either? I really enjoyed what Demko put together each week.

...I guess this nixes the idea of talking to THEM about a job, huh? ;D

I'll agree that Paul IS an exceptional PD. I feel badly he's having to juggle both stations but if anybody can do it, he can. He gave The Edge some pretty exceptional books a number of years back, didn't he?

I also wonder if Greg will be back as an on-air guest to promote the drums fundraiser he's involved with each year... I hope so. I've really admired his passion for it, and for helping others through it.

Strange world...

Paul successfully programmed The Edge back at the end of the grunge era...alternative music is so vague these days though, I'm not sure how the format will work. It will be interesting to see how he does. I will say this, The Sound has always been hidden deep in the numbers and has never really competed with Star...not sure if that should be blamed on Paul or not.

Derek has a knack for doing great morning radio. He kicked ass in Fayetteville and he'll do the same in Tulsa

Were Greg and Demko forced out?

I really enjoyed Greg in the afternoons back in the day. Odd to hear him in the mornings all the years b/c I remember his afternoon DJ days so well.

What a great guy. Greg will be missed in this market. Great talent. Homegrown guy who was brutally honest. Damn.

Would LOVE to see KMOD pick him up in some capacity.

I know just remembering the people I listened to. I would lovd an update on those I think a few were PDs? I think that Danielle girl was good she still around? I don't listen much anymore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom