• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EAS equipment text-to-speech voice

011nerve

Banned
I noticed a few days ago that the Emergency Alert System alerts (local ones in west MO at least) now use Microsoft David for their computer (text-to-speech) voice, when previously they used NeoSpeech Paul for a few years. Before that, they had Vocalizer Tom most of the time, and before that I can't remember. Back when they used TOm, DECtalk also made appearances.
Here are the voices if you wanna compare, first to most recent.

Which do you like the best? I can't check the local weather radio station because I don't have a weather radio, but maybe they now use MS David too.

Personally I think they should use ElevenLabs.io, but I'm not the U.S. government. ElevenLabs sounds human.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom