• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

E-skip from NJ to Florida and more

I've been hearing e-skip for the past hour to Florida and other places not yet identified. It's still going on now.<P ID="signature">______________
17-year-old radio geek
AIM: KewlDude471</P>

> I've been hearing e-skip for the past hour to Florida and
> other places not yet identified. It's still going on now.
>

I have noticed it going on too.<P ID="signature">______________
Kevin</P>

Sunday E-Skip heard in Hudson Valley

> I've been hearing e-skip for the past hour to Florida and
> other places not yet identified. It's still going on now.
>
Sunday June 5th was good day of FM DX here in the Hudson Valley. DX was off and on pretty much all afternoon, and I DXed in spurts.

Phase I was all Louisiana:

First noted KRDJ-93.7 “The New RED”, New Iberia, LA, logged last July as KOOJ.
KRRV-100.3 Alexandria, LA, with a country countdown, and Alexandria mentioned in a spot at 1:32pm. 1269mi.
KNOE-101.9 FM-102, “All Hits, All the Time“ Monroe, LA, at 1:36pm. 1198mi.
KYLA-106.7 Homer, LA “Classic Country 106.7” with NASCAR at 1:52pm. 1236mi.
KRMD-101.1 Shreveport, LA country, promoting “Money & Maui” contest at 2:05pm. 1265mi. This makes 22 FM logs from Louisiana since May 2003.

Next I was puzzled by Spanish on 95.7, until I realized DX had shifted to Florida, and this was probably previously heard WXDJ from Miami. A lot of new Floridas followed.

WJRR-101.1 Cocoa Beach, FL “Real Rock 101” with female DJ, mentioned Orlando, 2:27pm. 997mi.
WAVV-101.1 Marco, FL “Wave 101” with easy listening, ad for The Spa on 5th, 2:33pm. 1162mi.
WJHM-101.9 “102-Jams”, Daytona Beach, FL at 2:37pm. 981mi.
WHPT-102.5 Sarasota, FL “Real Classic Rock, The Bone” at 2:39pm. 1099mi.
WMNF-88.5 Tampa, FL with local community interviews and plug for the Tampa Carnival. ID at 4:51pm. 1073mi.
WKES-91.1, Lakeland, FL mentioning Moody Radio, and call letters at 4:59pm. 1052mi.
WUFT-89.1, Gainesville, FL with slogan “Classic 89 and Nature Coast 90” at 5:00pm. 959mi.
WJCT-89.9 Jacksonville, FL , public radio, with call letter mention at 5:06pm after NPR news. 902mi.
WWRZ-98.3 Fort Meade, FL, “The Rose” with spot for car dealer on highway 60, also mention of Orlando. 5:22pm. 1073mi. This is Florida #59 in the logbook.

Many unID’s heard, including several religious stations on 89.5, a country station on 106.9, and someone on 99.1 IDing as “The New 99.1”. Lots of previously heard skip stations also noted, including Magic 94.9, WWRM from Tampa, which was pounding in.

I'm always interested in who heard what elsewhere in the country. Good DX to all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom