• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dxing/tropo tunnel

M

mrtejano

Don't know the correct term, but there are many stations here in Houston tonight. Mostly all from South Texas.

107.1 La Mas Buena
101.5 Digital. In Spanish
99.9 Tejano Music
99.5 La Nueva Playing regional Music
98.7 Jack FM
98.3 La Caliente
97.5 Playing Country Music but no name.
96.1 Possible Mas Variedad. Playing a los of Spanish songs just like 106.5 here in Houston does.
93.9 Unknown playing different styles of music in English but no names
92.3 Q92 from Victoria.Tx
90.7 playing Cuban Music sounds like a non profit station.

Don't know the correct term, but there are many stations here in Houston tonight. Mostly all from South Texas.

107.1 La Mas Buena
99.9 Tejano Music
98.7 Jack FM
98.3 La Caliente
96.1 Possible Mas Variedad. Playing a los of Spanish songs just like 106.5 here in Houston does.

Yep, you're terminology is just fine Mr. T. I'll help you to identity the facilities, in case you're interested.

107-1: KLZT Bastrop, Tx.
101-5: I think you heard XHAS Nuevo Laredo, Ta. If so, they've changed names. Was Que Buena.
99-9: KSAB Robstown, Tx. One of the last Tejano outfits left.
99-5: KKPS Brownsville, Tx. Once was Tejano itself, now Regional Mexican.
98-7: KTXN Victoria, Tx. 100 kilowatts on a really short stick.
97-5: KFTX Kingsville, Tx. It's a Corpus station that has long given problems to Beaumont's co-channel, here in Houston. If ESPN is taking on interference, this is usually the culprit.
96-1 KBTQ Harlingen, TX. You are right, this is Más Variedád, like our own. It's a sister to KOVE. Used to be a Tejano, too.
93-9 KMXR Corpus Christi, Tx. The BIG 93-9. What you heard is what Bruce has been screaming for here in Houston, for the past few years. It's called "classic hits" and yeah, it plays several different "styles" of classics.
92-3 KVQT Victoria, Tx. The almighty Q92 Victoria. Hot AC, a poor man's version of our KHMX or San Antonio's KXXM.
90-7 KVRT Victoria, Tx. It is indeed a non profit. South Texas Public Radio, actually. It should be simulcast with KEDT 90-3 down in Corpus Christi, and Cuban music wouldn't really surprise me on a Sunday.
95-1: KYKR Beaumont, Tx. That is a normal station picked up here in Houston, as long as you can get away from K236AR.

Ok catches, Mr. T. Those signals are rather typical for us old radio dial scanner types like myself. An opening from the Valley happens more often than you might realize. On really good days, you'll catch a few of the FM border blasters coming from the other side of the river, along with these.

95.1 Kicker
I was getting ready to post about this. I'm out in Atascocita and I was getting KNDE College Station and all three of its digital subs but Kicker 95 kept breaking in.
Also getting
92.3 KETX Livingston - The Eagle (fading in and out)
92.5 KCOL Beaumont - Cool 92.5 (w/static)
92.7 country station lots of static couldn't get an ID
92.9 - 93Q fighting with another country station I couldn't ID
94.1 KQXY Beaumount - No surprise there
95.5 KKMJ Austin - Magic 95.5 (like a local)
104.3 was a spanish station. Could tell it was a morning show but unable to ID

92-7 is KIVY-FM Crockett, Tx., John. Check 93-5, if you're hearing KIVY you should definitely hear KBPC.

Any station that is located like 90 to 100 miles away in certain part of Houston the station you should be able to get like a local station not really tropo for these stations like the Beaumont and Victoria stations

107.1 La Mas Buena
99.9 Tejano Music
98.7 Jack FM
98.3 La Caliente

107.1 - Matamoros, TA
101.5 - Reynosa, TA
99.9 - KSAB Robstown/Corpus Christi, TX
99.5 - KKPS Brownsville, TX
98.7 - KTXN Victoria, TX
98.3 - KMJR Odem/Corpus Christi, TX
97.5 - KFTX Corpus Christi, TX
96.1 - KBTQ Harlingen, TX
93.9 - KMXR Corpus Christi, TX (more than likely)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom