• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dumb words flashback

Wow this isn’t important topic, I just wanted to share something. I remember on my senior year in high school in 2001. Reagan high school which is now Heights high school. 97.9 FM the box went to our school domain lunch and was giving out stickers and little goodies, I remember the guy saying and I quote “ KQQK claims to be your numero Uno Tejano hits station, but where are they now? He was saying it in a form like we are here in your school not KQQK. It would have made a lot of sense if 97.9 the box was a Tejano station too

Bro.. are you drunk?
My 2 typos for using the text to speech feature on my iPhone doesn’t means I was drunk.

I was just sharing a flashback of something that happened in school during my High School years.

In the first sentence it said WOW which was supposed to say NOW.

On the sentence that says DOMAIN lunch should have been DURING lunch.

Well, I'm sorry but KBXX outlasted that format and is still crankin' it out. It is a very successful station. Part of it's success was it's visibility when it started after blowing up KFMK and flipping the format. "Stopless Music" tee shirts and bumper stickers were everywhere. That was over 30 years ago.

señor Tejano, I think you meant speech-to-text, also known as dictation. Text-to-speech is something different. Text-to-Speech: Lifelike Speech Synthesis | Google Cloud

If you've ever heard NOAA weather radio stations, they all use an older (more robotic-sounding) text-to-speech voice to read weather reports and updates... If I was the National Weather Service, I'd use Google Cloud or Amazon Alexa or even Siri voices.

señor Tejano, I think you meant speech-to-text, also known as dictation. Text-to-speech is something different. Text-to-Speech: Lifelike Speech Synthesis | Google Cloud

If you've ever heard NOAA weather radio stations, they all use an older (more robotic-sounding) text-to-speech voice to read weather reports and updates... If I was the National Weather Service, I'd use Google Cloud or Amazon Alexa or even Siri voices.
Yes that’s what I meant, speech to text, dictation. But me having a somewhat strong Mexican American accent doesn’t help.

Can't you dictate in Spanish? LOL your text would come out in Spanish though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom