• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Download "radio quality" music directly

return

Inactive
Inactive User
(I also posted this thread in Programming, so I apologize if you are reading this twice :))

I've been looking around on the Internet and have seen sites that offer artists the ability to sign-up and upload their music directly for radio stations to download. The sites will store the artists' music in radio quality form, thus avoiding the need to send stations CDs. One such site is RadioSubmit.com, and there are others but names are escaping me at the moment.

I wanted to see what people's thoughts are on this idea. In my opinion, yes, it helps the artist save on costs and the artist is able to reach out to more stations worldwide.

On the other hand, it's hard enough sometimes for artists to get their music even listened to by stations, making me think what MD or PD will actually browse through a website for new artists when s/he already has tens of cd's sent to him/her on a regular basis.

I wanted to find out if these sites are actually working as they say they are, and what thoughts people may have on the service.

Thanks.

It's a terrific idea, especially if your a station. Groups like the White Stripes and veteran oldies acts had to go around the corporations and go to the Internet for promotion. More musicians are doing this all the time, getting played and selling their CDs on the web around the Towers and Musicland chain stores.
I'm a gold based station which I will attend to play current hit music down the road soon. But I get offers and CD's or Mp3's sent to me as the artist are asking me to play them. Unfortunately, I'm not formatted for that. But it works.

apco25 said:
It's a terrific idea, especially if your a station. Groups like the White Stripes and veteran oldies acts had to go around the corporations and go to the Internet for promotion. More musicians are doing this all the time, getting played and selling their CDs on the web around the Towers and Musicland chain stores.
I'm a gold based station which I will attend to play current hit music down the road soon. But I get offers and CD's or Mp3's sent to me as the artist are asking me to play them. Unfortunately, I'm not formatted for that. But it works.

I totally agree that the site is a great idea that stations can download the music and have it ready to go to be put on the air.

But are you going to sites like RadioSubmit.com and browsing around to find new artists? These types of sites
advertise that stations are finding new artists by just looking at the site. For some reason, I'm not sure if PD/MDs are just looking around at these sites in their free-time when they already have CDs being thrown at them.

Pretty much these sites are for mostly indie artist and indie labels working around the Clear Channels and BMG's which have their own ole' boy network.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom