• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Donation Methods for LPFM

While examining other LPFM station websites, I notice that, for donations, some stations use a service called Donorbox instead of the usual PayPal donation method. Has anyone here had experience with them? They have free and paid platforms, with the later taking less of a percentage. I like how Donorbox integrates easily into a website. Donorbox.org

My wife is president of a not for profit that operates an LPFM. We are in our 20th year. 99.9 percent of our donations are checks.
The other tenth of one percent comes through PayPal.. Most donors want a paper trail and also want to meet you first. Most of our internet listeners who donate, mail checks too.

Last edited:
My wife is president of a not for profit that operates an LPFM. We are in our 20th year. 99.9 percent of our donations are checks.
The other tenth of one percent comes through PayPal.. Most donors want a paper trail and also want to meet you first. Most of our internet listeners who donate mail checks too.
How old is your audience?

How old is your audience?
Getting older all the time. We once had fans in high school. But they are in their late thirties today. We're in an affluent town so donations are good. Money is not a problem here. Getting into old age might be.

My wife recently took her car in for repair and the shop saw the call letters on the license plate. They were fans and immediately donated more than the repair cost.

Last edited:
Getting older all the time. We once had fans in high school. But they are in their late thirties today. We're in an affluent town so donations are good. Money is not a problem here. Getting into old age might be.

My wife recently took her car in for repair and the shop saw the call letters on the license plate. They were fans and immediately donated more than the repair cost.
What is/are your format(s)?

Back
Top Bottom