• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Don Geronimo To Mornings On KHTK/1140

Just announced: The Rise Guys are moving to another market, so Don Geronimo is moving to mornings (5:30 to 10 AM) starting this Monday, July 11.

Carmichael Dave takes on Noon to 3 PM weekdays, with Grant Napear adding an hour and running from 3 to 7 PM.

Hmmm. Rise Guys to Oakland A's flagship Sports 95.7 in San Francisco?

bkress said:
And then we see a Sports FM with them on in the Morning here in Sacto too
another possibility, The Rise Guys being simulcast on KCTC-ESPN 1320, since they are owned by Entercom also? I know that The Rise Guys have a following in Sacramento.

Major blow to KHTK. Rise Guys have been a morning staple for years. They're just lucky the Kings are here for another season.

another possibility, The Rise Guys being simulcast on KCTC-ESPN 1320...

I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that The Rise Guys are/were still under contract with CBS, and that under the provisions of their contract they can go to Sports 95.7 in San Francisco, but can't go to a competing station in Sacramento, even via simulcast.

Major blow to KHTK. Rise Guys have been a morning staple for years. They're just lucky the Kings are here for another season.

The Kings are a major part of KHTK's branding ... but they aren't the sole reason for the station's ratings growth over the last several months. While the Giants have played a major role in boosting KNBR's ratings over the past two seasons, the Kings (with their marginal success) are not a huge ratings driver. Improved programming is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom