• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does Salem Have Translators

When translators were being turned off for 107.9 before it signed on out of Pennsauken, I could get WKRF from here in Bensalem. DX let me get WEBE "WeBe108!"
When WPRB used to sign off I could easily get WKTU and WARM-FM.
Before the translator signed on at 92.9, I could get WMGS "Magic 93" although usually conditions didn't favor northward DX.
I could DX 92.9 Tom-FM out of DE easily.
Before 94.9 translator signed on I could in the right conditions get WVPE "94.9 the point" out of Verginya Beach, VA.
Before everyone went HD, I could get a lot of the NYC stations minus 101.1 and 100.3.
WKTU had lots of splatter even in super narrow mode on a Yamaha T-85 with 1 280kHZ filter, 1 150kHZ filter and 3 110K filters
This was my tuner for many years before the Sony XDR-F1HD and others.
I could get WKOE 106.3 before HD also.
99.7 WBHX too.
Before the 99.9 translator came on to do Pop-FM, I could get WWFG out of Ocean City, MD.
Not sure why I can't get WRQX (Yes I know it's not WRQX anymore.)
Although lately two new things I've discovered, I can get WTOP 103.5 and WXCY 103.7 Haver De Grace, although they fade... cause they are DX signals from the nighttime with tropo.
but I did just put a 36DB in line amp on my roof before the antenna too so maybe that's why!

WMCA/New York (570) has a translator on 102.3 that transmits from the WPAT(AM) site in Clifton, NJ.
So while Clifton is on the back of the WMCA night pattern, it's only a few miles west of the Kearny tower site; is the night signal that bad near Clifton?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom