• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dobson

Does anyone else also feel the departure of Jim from FOTF leaves a ton of questions nobody wants to answer???

Yes, he did spend one program allegedly addressing that issue several months ago, but quite frankly, it seemed to me like he said enunciated many words but really said nothing!

Now, he's going to start a new program. Anybody hear anything about a syndicator, agency or content?

DXDXDX said:
Does anyone else also feel the departure of Jim from FOTF leaves a ton of questions nobody wants to answer???

Yes, he did spend one program allegedly addressing that issue several months ago, but quite frankly, it seemed to me like he said enunciated many words but really said nothing!

If there are a "ton of questions" maybe you could share with us two or three of them. Maybe there are no answers because some of us haven't heard what the questions are. Bring us up to date.

He spent one program allegedly addressing WHAT issue several months ago?

It seems that your post enunciated many words but really said nothing.

Spell it out. What's your worry? Describe the itch that has you scratching.

Whenever the Board of Directors OUSTS the founder, there's much more to this than the "younger blood" which is the excuse.

Was there a difference between the BOD and JD as to where the ministry was headed?

Does JD want to distance himself from FOTF because of a planned or gradual liberalization of the FOTF mission?

There's two questions for a start.

Many people financial support FOTF as a result of the direction JD took with the ministry. They should know why, the real reason why THE FOUNDER was booted out. Perhaps they won't want to support the "new" FOTF.

This isn't just a "changing of the guard". Imagine if Walt Disney was "fired", "encouraged to resign" or other such double talk, which when clearly stated means, "We want you out, we are firing you. But publically, we will agree to call this "a changing of the guard" to make it sound good and save face!."

gr8oldies said:
Just a guess but maybe Dobson wants a radio show where he is freer to discuss partisan politics?

There has to be a lot of turmoil within groups that have had "a great ride" for 20 or 30 years as the alliance between Conservative/Republican political interests and the Conservative/Evangelical faith interests thought they had a marriage made in heaven. We may have reached an era where at the very least these two power bases are having to ask: "Do we have some irreconcilable differences in this marriage?"

I don't closely follow Dobson so I don't have any comment about where there might be friction between him and "the base" of the organization. It will probably be a good thing for both the political health of our nation and for the spiritual health of the faith organizations if Dobson and other major players in this alliance take a hard, logical look at the relationships.

I caught Dobson the other day on one of the local Christian stations in my town. I haven't listened in years. He sounded really, really OLD --not unlike Kacy Kassem or Paul Harvey at the end of their careers, but so much so, that I didn't know who I was listening to until the end of the half hour. Maybe he had a cold, but he didn't sound long for this world, poor man.

I wish him well, but it may be more about attracting a younger demo - young parents, not grandparents - and not politics. They probably wanted to transistion someone younger into the air chair and he wouldn't reliquish or mentor a replacement.

Tx

K-LOVE is still running Dr. Dobson's Family Minutes. I'd read in the past where he planned on retiring, so that hopefully is all that has happened, and there is no internal struggle going on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom