• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did WDRQ (Doug FM) Save WOMC?

P

PassDutch

WDRQ is doing better than an adult hits station than a CHR now! We saw existing CHR Channel 955 beat the 2 ACs (WMGC-FM & WNIC). But Detroit's only got 2 hot ACs (WDVD 96.3 & CIDR 93.9). WOMC is currently the top station in Detroit now. Believe me, 'OMC will stay oldies, 'cuz it's tops there. Maybe Doug will split 'OMC's old audience, and lots from WDVD, CIDR, WCSX, WDTW, etc. Currently, Doug is the old CKLW.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by PassDutch on 06/08/05 04:02 PM.</FONT></P>

> WDRQ is doing better than an adult hits station than a CHR
> now! We saw existing CHR Channel 955 beat the 2 ACs
> (WMGC-FM & WNIC). But Detroit's only got 2 hot ACs (WDVD
> 96.3 & CIDR 93.9). WOMC is currently the top station in
> Detroit now. Believe me, 'OMC will stay oldies, 'cuz it's
> tops there. Maybe Doug will split 'OMC's old audience, and
> lots from WDVD, CIDR, WCSX, WDTW, etc. Currently, Doug is
> the old CKLW.

As Lance Venta mentioned in an earlier thread, the Radio Business Report revealed that Infinity was beaten by a day to flip stations in San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Boston to JACK-FM. Detroit wasn't mentioned, and WOMC does great 12+ (and I take it from your post that they do well in other demos, also). So I'd suggest that WDRQ wasn't an Oldies-saver like WBEN-FM was in Philly, etc.<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom