• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did they shut 106.9 the surge down??...Can anyone confirm??

Lester67

Inactive
Inactive User
Hi there..Ive often wrote about this station being one of the best classic rock stations in our area!! I Live in Bellefonte and I listen to this station non stop....at home and at work!

Last week I heard that there were going to be some major changes going on within the next couple days and the next i know they are off the air...some buddies of mine said they were switching formats to country!!! (Please!!! WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER COUNTRY STATION!!!!! MY GOD!!!)---In My Opinion This was One of the best damn stations i heard in years and then they go and ruin it!!! No wonder everyones turning to XM RADIO!!! If This Is True...Im Yankin my radio out of my car and I am done!!!

Pissed off in Bellefonte. :mad:

My guess is that they can't get to the tower site to put fuel in the generator. There is no utility power at that site, and it runs from generator power 24/7. No kidding!

listner1 said:
My guess is that they can't get to the tower site to put fuel in the generator. There is no utility power at that site, and it runs from generator power 24/7. No kidding!
Assuming that's true wouldn't it be far cheaper to bite the bullet and pay the power company 1 time to run power to the site? Can't imagine running a generator 24/7 is very cost efffective and its certainly not real environmentally friendly either. Not that I am an environment nut...but still. WOW

I was not aware that it was all ran on a power generator..that explains some of their down times then..boy i really love this station hope its back up soon then....maybe the change is something with the signal? Hope so.

The Renovo transmitter is situated in a state park on which power lines are forbidden. Given that restriction, its power source is relatively "green," in that the generator is used only to charge a battery array which supplies electricity to the station equipment. The generator does not run continuously.

Frankly Charlotte - we don't give a damn

Herms, sweetie, people have been critical of running a generator 24/7, so I thought I'd do something really unusual here, insert a post on the subject with an actual fact or two in it. I know it's an idiotic concept. It's much more fun to dispute stuff that's open to speculation, like when the next Great Legend will (or won't) return to that Thriving Metropolis, Altoona, or whether there's room for two CHRs or when next Forever will shoot itself in the foot, and with what caliber firearm.

But as I've said since the beginning: personally, I love nasty. So keep up the good work, Herms, I look forward to it.

Gentlemen, please! A little decorum! (Man, I remember when "Mean" Gene Okerlund would say that on the old WWF broadcasts. Made me laugh. Ah, the memories!)

If you tune in to 106.9 right now, all of your questions will be answered.

If you have to have decorum
You can find another forum.

This one's more Rowdy Roddy than Mean Gene.

I say two Joes are better than one.

Let the debate and the digressions begin.

I would love to give my kudos to Michael and staff for finally making this change.

Smart move.

Should have done this when Joe was launched.

Will give them more audience in the Lock Haven area.

Are they simulcasting Joe on 106.9 now? I am in Pittsburgh & Lancaster, so I can't check it out on the air.

Thanks AJ! :)

Hmmmm..bad radio times two...equals twice as bad. I like the post about.."who gives a dang"!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom