• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Deutsche Welle cuts most of remaining shortwave output

was just listening to DW in Hausa on 15215 earlier today at my dx post here in Alaska. I've heard the 15275 service in arabic.

I remember DW still did english on SW until about 2005/06

I remember DW still did english on SW until about 2005/06
DW had English on shortwave up to October 2017. At the end the schedule was a single hour to Africa at 1600 UT. I tuned in to the final transmission on a 13 meter frequency (maybe 21780?) beamed from Ascension Island.

English shortwave to North America was dropped in 2003, but continued to other areas, slowly being reduced over the next 14 years.

Other DW language services were trimmed, then eliminated on SW over the past 20 years. The DW German language world service on SW ended in 2012, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom