• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Daytime AM reception in the past

WXOX 1250 was also in a good conductivity spot when it was in Essexville. The current 1250 site took over the old 1210 WKNX site and is now WHHQ 1250. As WNEM 1250, they added a fourth dogleg tower to the existing three tower dogleg and went fulltime with 5/1.1 U4. It is also a good conductivity site. WBCM 1440 used to be on M-15 with 1000 days and 500 nights nondirectional, a facility they used from the early days of radio until the late 1970s. I don't think the new site is as good, though I haven't heard it operate Omni. I guess, as 5000 day 2500 night DA-2, they could operate STA with 1250 watts day and 625 watts night, and we could judge whether the signal differences are due to conductivity, or just the directional antenna. Of course, with its 3 tower in line endfire array with a maximum at 25 degrees true, it hits the NE Michigan Lower Peninsula well, and is frequently heard in Scandinavia.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom