• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CW added to Western ND "KX" family

from northpine

The CW has been added on Nexstar's KXMB (Bismarck), KXMC (Minot), KXMA (Dickinson), and KXMC (Williston). The stations, which are primary CBS affiliates, have also dropped their 24-hour weather channel but continue to offer the stream online. This is the first time the CW has had a broadcast affiliate in the western North Dakota market, which also still lacks a MyNetworkTV station and never had a WB broadcast affiliate. The CW, and the WB prior to that, had been seen on the cable-only "KMWK" channel.

unknown right now channel numbers as the WX stations were all on the -3 (-2 is blank after KXMA & KXMD dropped the ABC simulcast when Nexstar took over)

Last edited:
and it only took like 12 seconds for people to bitch on the KX facebok page about "why did you drop the weather station?"

and just like I wrote at avs when you spewed the same thing there

Its all on assumption and nothing is definitive. When I e-mailed Trip he responded with

Thanks for the note. KXMC 13-3 was Weather in 1080i at one point, at least in Minot and Bismarck, so if CW is there, then it's probably HD, I would imagine. Though CW Plus is provided to affiliates in 720p.
I've updated accordingly. If you hear anything more definitive, let me know.

So until there is a definite answer Trip is just inputting it as such. I assume it would be the same resolution across all 4 stations.

Where is the channels for The CW on all 4 KX Television stations? RabbitEars has them all on DT3 while NorthPine says all on DT2 with the exception of KXMA which is on DT1.

I'm confused. Some one who lives in the area, please tell me where The CW is at on KX Television?

Last I heard it was on the -3 on all 4 stations

Meant the -2. Goofed that one ;)

As for the difference, Trip took it on the assumption that the WX station was directly replaced by CW (which would be -3). Jon updated his post today. I'm confused by the -1 in Dickinson though. The only reason I could see that is for must carry on satellite (since its all the same market)

Last edited:
I asked Jon and he verified (by someone watching OTA in the area) that in Dickinson it is on 2-1. Its on the -2 the rest of the spots

So is DT3 discontinued?

I mean, if its just DT1 for CBS or CW in Williston and DT2 for CW or CBS in Williston, then DT3 is either still on air or discontinued, right?

Okay so to recap... North Dakota CW is on KXMA 2.1, KXMD 11.2, KXMB 12.2 and KXMC 13.2

CBS and KX Television is on KXMA 2.2, KXMD 11.1, KXMB 12.1 and KXMC 13.1

Okay so to recap... North Dakota CW is on KXMA 2.1, KXMD 11.2, KXMB 12.2 and KXMC 13.2

CBS and KX Television is on KXMA 2.2, KXMD 11.1, KXMB 12.1 and KXMC 13.1

Dickinson is in the Mountain time zone while the other three stations are in Central. Do you think The CW will be delayed an hour to 8-10 CT (7-9 MT)?

Dickinson is in the Mountain time zone while the other three stations are in Central. Do you think The CW will be delayed an hour to 8-10 CT (7-9 MT)?

I will hazard a guess and say no. None of the Big 4 stations delay programming for Dickinson. They all run prime time from 6-9 (6-8 for FOX). PBS is state network so there would be no delay either.

Now I see on zap2it they "show" CW network from 7-9 Mountain on 2-1. I assume its the same feed for all 4 stations in the "KX" network and since KXMB doesn't delay CBS, it seems far fetched that they would delay the CW feed for one of their stations.

the former cable only CW (KMWK) on some zap2it listings does show it on Mountain time in Dickinson and surrounding areas...but since it was based in Bismarck that would be expected. ;)

Last edited:
I will hazard a guess and say no. None of the Big 4 stations delay programming for Dickinson. They all run prime time from 6-9 (6-8 for FOX). PBS is state network so there would be no delay either.

Now I see on zap2it they "show" CW network from 7-9 Mountain on 2-1. I assume its the same feed for all 4 stations in the "KX" network and since KXMB doesn't delay CBS, it seems far fetched that they would delay the CW feed for one of their stations.

The guides were messed up for a couple weeks after the switch and had CW prime time from 8-10 on Midcontinent cable in Bismarck/Mandan. But it was really showing programming in the normal period of 7-9. So on Tuesdays when I set the DVR to record Containment, I had to select the Flash to get the right program in the right time. Any program at any time had the same hour-off issue. They just got corrected this week, though, and are now showing correctly for us. If we were messed up, Dickinson listings probably were too.

Zap2it is not very reliable on time zones, if I pick Mandan to look up my listings, for a long time it showed me a listing as if I was in Mountain time, but Mandan has been in Central time for at least 35 years. I've always had to pick Bismarck to get the correct listings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom