• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Customs of Christmas

West Coast post

Inactive
Inactive User
Over the years many stations have aired these 60 second vignettes along with Stories of Christmas but have lost touch with the syndicator. They are still around and can be found at CMC-NW.com

If this is the show I remember, I heard it briefly in, perhaps, the late 1960's and announced or narrarated by Jack Gwyn who had been in radio and television here. It would open something like: "The Customs of Christmas......This is Jack Gwyn. Do you ever wonder how mistletoe became a custom of Christmas? Stay tuned and I'll tell you". There would then be a 30-second commercial spot and then the rest of the program ending with, "this has been Jack Gwyn with another custom of Christmas.

I just heard Customs of Christmas over the weekend on WMBS in Uniontown, PA.
Did not catch the announcer's name. The recording though appeared to be newer
(or at least sounded to be in better condition) than the "Stories of Christmas"
spots that WASP used to run in the same market up until they were sold a decade
ago.

Perhaps WMBS is responding to demand. That station tends to cater to an older
audience. As does Fayette County for that matter...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom