• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus buying Dial-Global

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/30/us-radio-broadcaster-cumulus-idUSBRE97T06220130830

In the 80s, the Satellite Music Network was the refuge for erstwhile local jocks whose creativity was no longer valued. In the 90s and 00s, that place was the ABC Radio Networks. For the last five years or so, that refuge has been Dial Global. Now it's Cumulus to the rescue again, siphoning the last drop of life out of radio. I fully expect all of Dial's nationwide locations to be consolidated into one office (likely at the old ABCRN on Montfort) with an 80% reduction in staff. And forget "live"--Voicetrackers will now earn up to $30 per shift to V/T a 4-hour show in 1.5 hours. Wait--maybe they can shove a few more desks together at Victory Park and cram the DG folks in there instead.

Hopefully this is a tip to station owners across the country to dump 24/7 formats and do their own voice tracking.

I told you..... what I did tell you.... Didn't I tell you...

see this link for confirmation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLvnSmC5s5s

I must say i feel bad for the DG people. They're probably hating life. some probably left Citadel to go to DG before Cumulus took over and now this.

I bet the 53 Cumulus stations that are now under TownSquare creamed their jeans when they heard they're not longer Cumulus...

CBS Radio and/orRadio Disney is next...........

As an ABC affiliate, we visited the facilities on Montfort several years ago. At the time, it was vibrant, full of studios and talent. Then Citadel took over, and our jocks were all gone, even before Cumulus. We left that affiliation and went to the home of LIVE network, Dial-Global. Oops again...

It is time to reconsider, even in small markets. What sucks is that ABC did have some great talent (and a few not-so-great) and had a national website which was localized for the convenience of small market stations.

Will Cumulus keep Montfort, or will it all move to low-cost Denver?

With voice tracking maybe it will all end up as a rack of OP-X automation computers at Cumulus radio networks operations facility in NY.

yeah I heard most of the Cumulus 0 & 0 stations are have or are converting to OP-X. some still use the ol' Scotts Studios (smaller markets) but LA, NY, DAL, CHI, etc are on OPX.

it will be interesting to to see what happens to the DG office in NY. I doubt they'll move the montfort studios (as Radio Disney is there as well) to Denver.

The stations I used to work at were still on AudioVault a year or two ago. Next time I run into one of my friends there, I'll have to ask if they've converted to Op-X. I know they'd been planning that conversion for years, but, last I'd heard, it still never happened.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom