• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CP for 100.7 Eatontown to 93.5 Toms River

Looks like the Breeze in Eatontown (WHTG 1410 / 100.7 W264DH) has new CP to move to Toms River on 93.5 from the tower shared by WWNJ 91.1 on Hooper Ave near Ocean County Mall. Wonder if its adding a simulcast? How would this go over with WMMR reception in the area?

Who knows what's next for WHTG?

Seems the 91.1 / 93.5 Tower Site location near the Ocean County College is much more "central" and almost perfect location for reaching the majority of the population in Northern Ocean County, with a 60 db (decent) signal reaching pretty much all of Toms River, and up to about Point Pleasant, and most of Lakewood, Brick and south into Bayville, Beachwood, Pine Beach, Ocean Gate and Seaside, and west into Manchester...

The proposed site (station?) I believe is in a much better location than the former 100.7 (now 100.5) translator for WJRZ in Downtown Toms River (W263DA), and I would also say it's also a better site than the 104.1 W281CK tower in Lanoka Harbor, which is barely reaching even Lakewood (the COL) but complementary to the Monmouth County signal.

In this case for 93.5, Southern Ocean wouldn't get much of a good signal, and its proposed antenna pattern is directional to the South and West.

Does the 100.5 translator really have much purpose in it anymore?...Unless in Downtown Toms River for better signal strength indoors, (which I think is why they originally wanted a translator) but at only 120 watts, its not even reaching the whole area (mostly redundant), so most listeners perhaps just listen to the 100.1 main channel anyway. I think 100.5 would be better off traded to WHTG (maybe for that 93.5?) as to complement the adjacent 100.7 translator in Eatontown, (Just like Thunder 106.3/106.5 - Monmouth/Ocean adjacent channel Simulcast).

The former Breeze station (now The Boss 107.1 / 99.7) doesn't have as much signal overlap, but they also do complement each other's area fairly well.

With the old 1160/1310 Beach Radio gone, I would like to see an added FM Translator for 1250 WMTR-AM from the Morristown area, that could possibly be competitive and welcomed in the area as well, since WOLD-LP (95.1) doesn't reach that far south.

Last edited:
Does the 100.5 translator really have much purpose in it anymore?
Now we know...

I have a feeling (maybe?) that 100.5 & 93.5 may someday switch so that The Breeze can be on the Eatontown/Toms River combo (100.7/100.5) and Fox Sports can maintain itself on the stronger 93.5 signal, which is already in New Brunswick, and new CP complementary for Toms River.

Beasley already owns the 93.5 signal in New Brunswick (WCTC-AM 1450 / 93.5 W228DY). So it makes sense that maybe they'll trade their other Toms River translator with Press Communications.
(Owner of WHTG 1410/100.7)

Last edited:
It won’t overlap with W264DH’s present 60 dbu when it moves to 93.5 and becomes W228EQ. How is it allowed to move so far in one minor mod?

I have a feeling (maybe?) that 100.5 & 93.5 may someday switch so that The Breeze can be on the Eatontown/Toms River combo (100.7/100.5) and Fox Sports can maintain itself on the stronger 93.5 signal, which is already in New Brunswick, and new CP complementary for Toms River.

Beasley already owns the 93.5 signal in New Brunswick (WCTC-AM 1450 / 93.5 W228DY). So it makes sense that maybe they'll trade their other Toms River translator with Press Communications.
(Owner of WHTG 1410/100.7)
100.7 The Breeze would no longer exist. W264DH would move to 93.5 and become W228EQ, leaving 100.7 vacant. Maybe a trade could leave The Breeze format at 100.5. But a new translator won’t be created.
If I didn’t help protest W264CW and make it lose its license for never operating, perhaps Press could have bought that translator to keep 100.7 The Breeze on the air

The W264DH translator is for WHTG / 1410 / Eatontown. Moving that to Toms River wouldn't be helpful (or legal?) with the station's current facility but im sure there's more to come. I can see Press/Beasley trading or perhaps making or adding another translator if/when the Eatontown one moves. Remember the 100.5 in Toms River used to be on 100.7 for a very long time as well. (was W264AM - now W263DA).

The W264DH translator is for WHTG / 1410 / Eatontown. Moving that to Toms River wouldn't be helpful (or legal?) with the station's current facility but im sure there's more to come. I can see Press/Beasley trading or perhaps making or adding another translator if/when the Eatontown one moves. Remember the 100.5 in Toms River used to be on 100.7 for a very long time as well. (was W264AM - now W263DA).
The 100.7 translator was initially to put a strong signal in Toms River itself because 100.1 was frequently wiped out by tropo.

The 100.7 translator was initially to put a strong signal in Toms River itself because 100.1 was frequently wiped out by tropo.

I never understood that, because that area should always have strong WJRZ reception, almost city grade (just under 70dbu) and always did great for me there.

It would only make sense for improved indoor reception, but that doesn't matter now since it's gone to Fox Sports Talk. Though not as redundant, at least its something different.

100.1 was always strong enough to bleed completely into 100.3 (Z100) once below Lakewood, and for that area, 100.1 is one of the strongest signals on the dial.

Last edited:
I never understood that, because that area should always have strong WJRZ reception, almost city grade (just under 70dbu) and always did great for me there.

It would only make sense for improved indoor reception, but that doesn't matter now since it's gone to Fox Sports Talk. Though not as redundant, at least its something different.

100.1 was always strong enough to bleed completely into 100.3 (Z100) once below Lakewood, and for that area, 100.1 is one of the strongest signals on the dial.
That wouldn't make too much sense as WZXL would wipe out the translator anyway during tropo. I think it just had reception issues in downtown Toms River

Back
Top Bottom