• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Country music on 750 AM

A

ALRocker

Around 7:45 last night here in north Alabama I heard a country station on 750 billing itself as "The Best Country Around". There's 2 C&W stations listed on 750, one in MT. and the other in NV. It was in there solid, with no sign of WSB. Any ideas? Thanks.

> Around 7:45 last night here in north Alabama I heard a
> country station on 750 billing itself as "The Best Country
> Around". There's 2 C&W stations listed on 750, one in MT.
> and the other in NV. It was in there solid, with no sign of
> WSB. Any ideas? Thanks.
>

"The Best Country Around" is the slogan of ABC's Country Coast-to-Coast satellite format. WKLD-FM in Oneonta uses this format, but records their own liners as "K97.7".

KERR in Polson, MT is not an affiliate of the service. KHWG in Fallon, NV is a CP that's apparently not on the air yet. It's possible that they're testing using this format.

It's on two other stations in the Paducah/southeastern IL market, not WTHQ-750, which is still talk. It's on FM in Clarksburg, WV, not WPDX-750, which is now standards after having flipped from gospel.

No other COLs of 750 stations have Country Coast-to-Coast in their coverage areas.

My guess it's either a test of KHWG or 740 KBOE in Oskaloosa, IA, which even on day power would be an pretty nice catch here in Alabama.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom