• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

COULD THIS BE THE LAST WEEKEND OF BIG1059 AS WE KNOW IT?

1059LUVR

BIG IS PLAYING THE 105 GREATEST ROCK SONGS INCLUDING BEASTIE BOYS PAUL REVERE?

Don't be surprised if CC pulls the plug on Big 105.9 . As long as they are on their crusade to cut costs, the threat of a format change is there. They have a great excuse to do this since they are the lowest rated FM in Miami, and have hefty contracts to pay out to Paul and Young Ron. Don't be too surprised everyone if the station changes formats after the contracts of Paul and Young Ron expire.

lowest rated along with mega 949 wrma 93rock and 95.7 so they could swith formats with your idealogy since technically theyre miami stations

I think they'd blow out another station in the cluster before they'd flip 105.9 to another format and since I don't have access to any numbers other than the 12+ (which are essentially meaningless) they could be doing quite well in their target demos and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat 93 Rock in every one of them. But then again maybe they will flip it; it makes much more sense for them to keep it as is so naturally CC will do the exact opposite of anything logical!

I could see Cox trying an FM talker on 93.1 before CC does it on 105.9. But again, who the hell knows? If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Grk_ScorpioInTheMIA said:
Don't be surprised if CC pulls the plug on Big 105.9 . As long as they are on their crusade to cut costs, the threat of a format change is there. They have a great excuse to do this since they are the lowest rated FM in Miami, and have hefty contracts to pay out to Paul and Young Ron. Don't be too surprised everyone if the station changes formats after the contracts of Paul and Young Ron expire.

What would they change to?

Ramblin' Man at 10:06 AM, segued into Tom Sawyer at 10:08. Stand down.

[EDIT]

Do you realize that if Big gave up on Classic Rock that Majic or 93 Rock would jump on it so fast your head would spin? So why would they do it? In this day and age, ( and economy ) it doesn't matter if a radio station has great ratings or not, it only matters if it MAKES MONEY. And Big ( like most classic rock stations around the country ) makes money. There are other radio stations in that building ( and in the market ) that could use a format change before Big. There has been highly rated radio stations all around the country who have changed formats because THEY COULDN'T SELL IT.

Ask anyone from the former LOVE 94.

[EDIT]

[EDIT-inflammatory]

Culprit:
1) I kept an open mind
2) I actually do listen to 105.9, not 'sit around and see if if it happens' (format change)
3) I already work in radio
[EDIT]

[EDIT-inflammatory]

The Culprit said:
[EDIT]

Do you realize that if Big gave up on Classic Rock that Majic or 93 Rock would jump on it so fast your head would spin? So why would they do it? In this day and age, ( and economy ) it doesn't matter if a radio station has great ratings or not, it only matters if it MAKES MONEY. And Big ( like most classic rock stations around the country ) makes money. There are other radio stations in that building ( and in the market ) that could use a format change before Big. There has been highly rated radio stations all around the country who have changed formats because THEY COULDN'T SELL IT.

Ask anyone from the former LOVE 94.

[EDIT]

[EDIT-inflammatory]
Finally, someone who realizes what i've been saying all along. Ratings don't mean jack to corporate radio. Ratings, competition, personality radio, radio wars, and bragging rights between competitor stations over who is the number one station in town are now a thing of the past. Its all about "THE MONEY" in today's radio landscape. The listeners are the ones here who don't mean jack in the eyes of corporate radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom