• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could NOLA see a new cluster owner?

Rumor mill buzzing currently about a possible Cumulus/Audacy merger in works which would still need to be approved by courts, FCC, and possibly anti trusts.
Most areas where both own stations, and need to get rid of some, I heart owns no stations, however in New Orleans, I heart owns their max, as well as most other owners.

Could this mean a new regional powerhouse owner for the 504??? Curious on your thoughts , as easy money would be to split the stations off and sell Cumulus NOLA to religious broadcasters to take them.out of play.
I'm wondering about Dowdy or Guaranty wanting to play as Diwdy owns all around New Orleans right now.
What is your opinion????

Hi! Nice to see someone else from the 504 here!

Truth be told, it’s been so long since I kept track of commercial radio here that I barely know who the players are.

If I were to speculate, though: since Audacy is reorganizing under chapter 11, it would have to be up to the courts whether or not to approve a Cumulus merger/acquisition. It would be nice for a regional group to come in to expand their holdings here in NOLA. There’s got to be more competition here besides Audacy vs. iHeart.

These days, I mainly listen to WWOZ. I was involved with them in their infancy and still help out there once in a while.

My thoughts about the happenings here. Your mileage may vary.

Rumor mill buzzing currently about a possible Cumulus/Audacy merger in works which would still need to be approved by courts, FCC, and possibly anti trusts.
Most areas where both own stations, and need to get rid of some, I heart owns no stations, however in New Orleans, I heart owns their max, as well as most other owners.

Could this mean a new regional powerhouse owner for the 504??? Curious on your thoughts , as easy money would be to split the stations off and sell Cumulus NOLA to religious broadcasters to take them.out of play.
I'm wondering about Dowdy or Guaranty wanting to play as Diwdy owns all around New Orleans right now.
What is your opinion????

Guaranty tried to get into NOLA once before, remember they owned 106.3 in Houma and 106.1 on the North Shore at one point.

Back
Top Bottom