• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could it be--a MN TIS in Mass.?

Today 5:40 pm on rt 128 in Peabody MA was getting something on 1610--a loop that talked of a park (or something) In Minnesota. Visitor's Center, etc, and a 507
area code was given. That's Minn.

From here

I see
  • Pipestone National Monument, National Park Service (NPS) - 1610AM (fixed Information Station)
And that park's number is a 507 area code

Just during the day, a TIS can get out much farther than it's intended audience.

In Florida, I could easily hear the Tampa International Airport TIS on 1610 where I lived 10 miles away.

This morning at 10:30 AM I was picking it up again strong on Rt 128 Beverly and Danvers MA then a bit weaker (less volume) as I headed up I-95 north through Boxford and Topsfield. Could be old transmitter repeating previous looped message?

The message says KPXT--and I found this online. 10 watts?!??

From 2023. 10 years later, they prob have replaced hardware. I would reach out to pipestone if you have to the time for this mystery.

Back
Top Bottom