• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Connecticut Christmas

In addition to the the 3 stations that were non-stop Christmas for a month or more - Lite 100.5 in Hartford, WEBE 108 in Bridgeport, and Soft Rock 106.5 in New London this is what I heard on Christmas Eve/Day

Country 92.5 - Country Christmas Christmas Eve/Day.

KISS 95.7 - they were playing some Christmas tunes Christmas Eve night, but Christmas Day they were carrying their regular format.

96.5 TIC-FM - Casey's Kasem's Christmas Countdown on a loop Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

97.1/1350 WINY - They were playing Christmas Music when I checked their stream Christmas Morning.

105.9 The River - 36 hours of Christmas Music beginning at Noon Christmas Eve.

600 WICC - They were playing Christmas Music.

1080 WTIC - They began playing Christmas Music at Noon Christmas Eve. CBS News was airing at the top of the hour followed by a very abbreviated local news and weather update.

1150 WMRD/1420 WLIS - They were playing Christmas Music including a Christmas Music edition of Larry Kratka's "Nothing but Old 45s" at 5AM. Obviously at 5AM I can't pick up either station, so I was listening on the Tune-in Radio app. There was another program underneath Larry's show. I don't know if WMRD was airing 2 shows at the same time or if they use an over the air feed of WMRD for their online stream and another 1150 was interfering with them at their studio/tower site on River Road in Middletown. WMRD is 46 watts at night.

One other observation I heard "Little Drummer Boy" in French on AM 860, which I think is out of Toronto, Ontario.

RE: Casey Kasem and WTIC-FM 96.5 Hartford...the board-ops (BORED-ops?) clearly weren't there on the evening of December 29, 2019. They played the exact same episode of American Top 40 from 1987 for the second week in a row. A few weeks ago, the show didn't even run. I would Facebook message them, but feel that it would be a waste of time. How many people besides me or my brother even listen to that show?

As for Christmas music on local radio? Didn't listen to a single second of it. Again. The tradition continues! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom