• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ClearChannel launches new Gay/Lesbian format in Dallas/Ft Worth

louisNatl said:
Yes, Burkharts, Outwrite, Blake's, and a handfull of other businesses like Target, may advertise on it. But I honestly can't see it succeeding and gaining advertisers long term (after the novelty wears off). As I said, it would be a great HD2 format. The advantage of HD Radio is that it can provide niche stations that may not be mainstream enough for a full powerhouse station.

I don't know what the meaning of 'long term advertisers' is. With stations flipping all the time, who's to say it couldn't 'stand the test of time'?

All I know for sure is having an 'all-gay' station would be a breeze for any competent sales staff to serve. There are a number of big monied successful businesses waiting to jump on that bandwagon.

Just make sure that wagon is painted ;)

tcsnrayp said:
OgOgglby said:
I hear Ann Coulter will be the PD...

Ann will be the morning man.

Actually, Mizz Coulter is the “news-man” running solo this week...

‘Seems “Pride” is having a small problem filling the morning gig.

They tried Falwell first—but he couldn’t fit in the control room chair :D

Hannity was considered—but he couldn’t fit in the room ::)

They settled on Dobsen—but he messed up Selector by making “Focus on the Family” a no-rules music category, and an episode inappropriately scheduled right between Scritti Politti’s “Perfect Way” and the College Boyz’ “Humpin”... Jimmy resigned due to “cultural distress” :-*

*Limited-Access* reports that the position is once again open...

Send T&R to the Malaise Mansion in San Antonio

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom