• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classical music on 1630

Anybody know where this is coming from? RadioLocator and Google are no help. It's mixed at times with Spanish-language Ranchero (?) music, depending on which direction I turn the antenna.

Antenna direction is E/W on my Grundig Satellit 750, with a good signal into Mesa AZ.

EDIT: Wikipedia shows AM 1630 as part of a 3-station network, owned by the Autonomous University of Baja California: XHBA 104.1 Mexicali, XHUAC-FM 105.5 Mexicali, and XEUT 1630 Tijuana, running 10 kW days and 1 kW nights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UABC_Radio

Last edited:
Anybody know where this is coming from? RadioLocator and Google are no help. It's mixed at times with Spanish-language Ranchero (?) music, depending on which direction I turn the antenna.

Antenna direction is E/W on my Grundig Satellit 750, with a good signal into Mesa AZ.

EDIT: Wikipedia shows AM 1630 as part of a 3-station network, owned by the Autonomous University of Baja California: XHBA 104.1 Mexicali, XHUAC-FM 105.5 Mexicali, and XEUT 1630 Tijuana, running 10 kW days and 1 kW nights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UABC_Radio

Possibly XEUT. The Ranchero would be the station in Wyoming, KRND (?) Cheyenne.
XEUT has played electronic music when I've heard them. Very cool station to listen to, when they're in. A university station in Tijuana.

Possibly XEUT. The Ranchero would be the station in Wyoming, KRND (?) Cheyenne.
XEUT has played electronic music when I've heard them. Very cool station to listen to, when they're in. A university station in Tijuana.

Despite some fading, I got a positive ID on XHBA, which was listed first, so I have to say that 1630 was definitely XEUT.

Well, one thing in your favor is that there simply aren't many stations on that frequency. :)

Good catch, either way -- especially for their programming. Like I said, I always listen to them when they're in, even though there is splash from a local on 1620 and XEUT doesn't come in up here very often.

XHBA is now and will forever be the only public X-band station in Mexico (XEUACH 1610 moved to 1130).

XHBA is FM 104.1. XEUT was the station I heard. Same programming, different calls and COL. AFAIK, there are no Mexican AM stations beginning with anything other than XE.

EDIT: XEUT confirmed as the ID for 1630 a couple minutes ago.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom