• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic Rock Myrtle Beach

I tried 900 AM and couldn't pick it up. I know I've heard it in Conway. Obviously 95.5 FM wouldn't reach that far. It must have been off the air.

Meanwhile, a big difference on Rock 107.

I should mention the DJ said he coached soccer and some of his players were affected by Florence. Now that has to be a local DJ.

Another time, a DJ said the previous song was by Linkin Park and the next one was by Weezer. Stone temple Pilots later in the hour. Followed by … The Stones??? Well, it's still an improvement over what was there before. I still think some people will want to switch back and forth between Rock 107 and WKZQ and will sometimes not be happy with either.

I tried 900 AM and couldn't pick it up. I know I've heard it in Conway. Obviously 95.5 FM wouldn't reach that far. It must have been off the air.

900 has largely been silent much of the last 2 years or so.. it's come back to life at real low power to keep the license, but thats it. THe most recent reason given for being silent "Equipment failure" two wordson the STA filing thats it. In a filing a year or two ago, they said they were in negotiations with the owner of the transmitter and ATU to purchase it.... the translator cant be on if the AM is off more then 24 hours.

900 has largely been silent much of the last 2 years or so.. it's come back to life at real low power to keep the license, but thats it. THe most recent reason given for being silent "Equipment failure" two wordson the STA filing thats it. In a filing a year or two ago, they said they were in negotiations with the owner of the transmitter and ATU to purchase it.... the translator cant be on if the AM is off more then 24 hours.
So I could have heard it in NMB?

I was trying to find out how to contact WMIR and it seems the same company owns that station, WXJY, WJXY-AM and WNMB. WNMB has a "listen live" link but that's just "Bragg radio" with camouflage. It seems to be a news-talk station in Fayetteville.

Now if they have stations in Fayetteville, here's an idea. WXJY, which needs to be heard in Myrtle Beach, is exactly what young soldiers would want to listen to.

It doesn't. It needs an active rocker.

G
93.7 The Shark.

Which can't be picked up in Myrtle Beach or on the north strand.

And it calls itself "The Pee Dee's modern rock station" but the Pee Dee is Florence, where 93.7 is Hot AC Star.

Most of the music is actually "modern rock" (never mind that it's 20 years old) but I did hear AC/DC which is not in that category.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom