• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christian AC -- 89.7 WMCU Miami Sold to Pub Caster

rbrucecarter5 said:
KountryBill said:
A) I love jazz. I love NPR. I love classical. I'm a Christian. And I'm NOT gay.

B) You presume to know the hearts and spirit motivations of the sellers of this station = Judgement #1 without Spirit revealed knowledge.

C) You presume they're greedy. = Judgement #2 without Spirit revealed knowledge

D) You underestimate God's power and sovereignty by assuming he can't save the souls he has chosen to save if he doesn't have this radio station. = Judgement #3 without Spirit revealed knowledge

Whatev ----

A) I love Classical. Some smooth Jazz. The overwhelming spouting out of radical leftist agenda on NPR makes me wish the equal time laws applied to it, or the government would pull the funding and let the radical leftists pay for it if they want it.

B-D) How do YOU know it was without Spirit revealed knowledge? When I hear of a major Christian outlet selling out, the Holy Spirit within me is grieved. And this situation seems almost identical to the WCIE sell-out. As far as other souls getting saved without the station - I am God will reach out to them another way. Whether that other way is as effective - we will find out when we get to heaven, won't we?!

Clillax - and listen to some smoothe jazz on your new pro-abortion, pro-gay, pro-democrat NPR station.

Is the Right Pro life?

If so how do we answer for the death penalty and the military spending that is more than 3 times that of the rest of the world?

Is the Right anti-gay?

Shame on them because as God's creation, God loves gays, lesbians, bi-sexuals, straights and all others.

Is the Right Anti Democrat or Anti-Liberal or just Anti anything that isn't white, overweight and stupid?

Ok, I guess that one was mean.

I would have definitely rather seen WMCU sold to a group that would have kept some sort of CCM format, but at least it wasn't sold to a group that would have made it an anti-CCM or dollar a holler format. I will give them credit though that they let the listeners know in advance of the change and immediately stopped accepting donations. I've seen too many times where the owners of CCM stations would sell out and the listeners would never know until the new owners change the format.

Something else I'm wondering though is what is a Minnesota public station doing buying a station in Miami? I guess it's legal, but it still doesn't sound right to me.

I guess MnPR is trying to be the next NPR. Maybe they'll fare better than Georgetown (Ky.) College, who had to sell 50,000 watt WRVG (now WKVO)-which was intended to be the flagship of their network-to EMF to keep from bleeding too much cash.

I received an e-mail yesterday that WMCU sent out explaining their side of the sale:

Dear partners in ministry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on the Spirit FM web site. We are encouraged to hear how God has greatly blessed so many lives through the ministry of Spirit FM. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that some reactions have been strong in response to the announcement to sell Spirit FM. We respect your comments and are addressing in this email the principal concerns expressed.

In recent years, Trinity International University received several unsolicited offers to buy the radio station. As a result of these offers and in order to fulfill their fiduciary responsibility, the Board of Regents engaged a brokerage firm in 2006. The broker began a process of assessing the value of the station and determining the level of interest in the market. This process was a quiet one because the outcome was uncertain and we did not want to interrupt the radio ministry of Spirit FM. We saw no wisdom in making this professional inquiry
public and thereby open the door to questions the station staff could not answer about a topic under exploration by the board.

We are extremely grateful to the thousands of listeners who have supported Spirit FM financially and in prayer for so many years. We believe that God places people in leadership in specific situations at specific times. Those leaders are sometimes called upon to make tough decisions. Trinitys board takes seriously its responsibility as stewards of the resources of Trinity International University and approached this decision with much deliberation and prayer. In the end the board believed, before God, that this was the best decision.

Many of the matters involved in the boards inquiry and ultimate decision are sensitive and confidential. However, we do want you to know that our desire was to sell to a Christian organization, and we attempted without success to do so with several different organizations.

A significant portion of the proceeds will be
placed in the TIU endowment. The endowment is like a long-term savings account that cannot be spent without action from the board. The annual interest from endowment will be used to further the mission of the university. Trinity College, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Trinity Graduate School, and Trinity Law School make a huge impact on our culture for Christ. The boards vision is to do more through the educational programs these schools offer, including our programs in South Florida.

We believe that we are blessed with some of the most talented radio staff in the nation. These faithful servants were informed of the process several weeks prior to the signing of the Purchase Agreement on September 24, 2007. In spite of this news, they continued to minister in a professional and effective manner. After September 24 all parties agreed that it would be impossible for the Spirit FM staff to continue their on-air duties as usual. Generous severance and placement assistance for
the staff are being provided.

We ask you to join us in prayer that:

1. The sovereign Lord will pour out His Spirit on South Florida in order to fill any void that may be left by closing Spirit FM
2. A strengthened unity in Christ will be demonstrated among churches and believers with a shared purpose of reaching the lost in South Florida
3. The staff of Spirit FM will be sustained by Gods grace as they seek the Lords will for future ministry.

One of the listeners responded as follows:

"...I am encouraged in my heart to pray for your ministry as a Christian entity of education. I pray that the next Billy Graham will come from your school. I pray that the seed that is now being sowed with tears by our community grows and develops into a life-giving tree that will touch, not just the thousands the radio touched here in South Florida, but the millions that are hungry and in need of the love of God."

We join in these sentiments with this listener and ask you to join us in this
prayer.

Seeking God in all things,

Trinity International Foundation Board

I don't completely agree with their reasoning, but if they couldn't find a buyer that would keep the CCM format I would rather see them sell to a secular group as long as the format is clean than to see the station fall into the hands of a KJV Only anti-CCM group or an outfit that would make it into a dollar a holler station.

So this may be a long shot since it's been YEARS since anyone commented on this, but was anyone a part of the stations staff when it was the spirit? or does anyone know how I might get a hold of recordings from specific shows that we on there? Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom