• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chris Cuomo accused of sending explicit texts to former CNN colleague

Well this was when Cuomo was being removed from CNN for another reason related to the former Governor Cuomo allegations according to how this played out.
Chris Cuomo has kind of an irreverent, wise-cracking, brash sense of humor, where he ad-libs by blurting out what he considers to be jokes. He's not tasteful, but on the other hand, he doesn't seem to be malevolent. I saw her photo, which was shot from an odd angle, and it does look sort of like she is pretending to be in a costume as a joke. If I were she, I would let it go. Doubtful that he was trying to get her fired.

Sounds to me like she's perhaps overthinking the whole thing. She posted an, um, "interesting" photo of herself on social media and he made (perhaps an ill attempt at) a joke. Regardless, this incident she's speaking of occurred in January of 2021, so 3 years ago now and Cuomo himself departed CNN later that year so I'm not sure there's really any benefit to anyone of her bringing this up now. If she really felt his comments were out of line coming from a working colleague, she could have simply told him that back when it first occurred, or had that message communicated to him via HR.

I'm often intrigued, and sometimes suspicious of folks who won't simply go and talk to someone about something that bothers them, yet they'll gladly spill that story in front of a whole host of listeners/viewers/readers on a podcast, an interview or a tell-all book. Sometimes makes you wonder if they're just doing so in order to try and generate more $$ on sales of their podcast/book, or to get their name in the headlines - or settle an old score in a somewhat cowardly manner.

I'm often intrigued, and sometimes suspicious of folks who won't simply go and talk to someone about something that bothers them, yet they'll gladly spill that story in front of a whole host of listeners/viewers/readers on a podcast, an interview or a tell-all book.
One word: Money.

Back
Top Bottom