• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CHR Imaging

C

cman1919

I wanna see what some thoughts are on CHR imaging.

Quick story! I was driving with my friend listening to the radio and the moment a song is over he's ready to flip to another station.

I HATE segueing songs, however do you think most listeners sit through a 10 second or even 5 second sweeper/liner/jingle for the next song? Should there just be quick shotguns?

What are some of your thoughts????

> I wanna see what some thoughts are on CHR imaging.
>
> Quick story! I was driving with my friend listening to the
> radio and the moment a song is over he's ready to flip to
> another station.
>
> I HATE segueing songs, however do you think most listeners
> sit through a 10 second or even 5 second
> sweeper/liner/jingle for the next song? Should there just be
> quick shotguns?
>
> What are some of your thoughts????
>

I think it really depends on how "eager" the listener is to hear music. To flip during a 5 second drop, in my mind, is crazy; why not just wait to see what comes on next?

Additionally though, I can see some people flip if the station imaging and segues aren't smooth and flowing together. You wouldn't play a drop which is really hyper and upbeat into a slow song really... It really depends on the creativity of the station for me; but no, I don't think a sweeper would cause me to change the station. Quick shotguns are okay if you have a song with no intro post, or if your running short on time to stay within the hour, but other than that, sweepers from 5-15 seconds are fine with me, as long as it flows.

I think that there is an argument to be made for shotgun sweepers between songs instead of anything else. Just enough to remind you what station is bringing you all your favorite music, nothing more. And again, the flow is what's important. Going to an uptempo song? Hit a quicker shotgun. Slowing things down? Ramp it down with a slower shotgun. If two tracks are relatively the same tempo, however, you don't need anything. Just segue between the two songs. Overly excessive imaging can hurt you pretty badly.<P ID="signature">______________
"Get educated. Read stuff on the web and believe all of it."
-- Phil Hendrie
http://theradioblog.blogspot.com</P>

> What are some of your thoughts????

I'm a big fan of laying imaging over intros. It keeps the forward momentum going.
HATE 15-20 stopdowns in the middle of a sweep. All you're doing is giving the listener an opportunity to tune out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom