• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chief Engineer Available

I have lots of experience. Currently I am the chief engineer for a small Class A FM. Reply only if you have a budget for parts and equipment and can pay well and have great benefits for a full time engineer. You must be willing to pay moving expenses.

I have lots of experience. Currently I am the chief engineer for a small Class A FM. Reply only if you have a budget for parts and equipment and can pay well and have great benefits for a full time engineer. You must be willing to pay moving expenses.
Wouldn't hold your breath on the paid relocation expenses. Even larger companies don't do that anymore.

Wouldn't hold your breath on the paid relocation expenses. Even larger companies don't do that anymore.
Some radio stations don't have a budget for parts and equipment. As the engineer, you're expected to keep things running so you continue to stay on-the-air. A silent station generates no income. It looks like you (the OP) have some experience and are ready to go to the next level. Good for you. But you should look for an opportunity to grow, and that may not translate to great pay and benefits, a big budget for parts and equipment, or paid moving expenses. Sometimes you have to do something because you know it's the right thing to do. I know I have, several times in the course of my career. And doing the right thing is't something you can put a price on.

Some radio stations don't have a budget for parts and equipment. As the engineer, you're expected to keep things running so you continue to stay on-the-air. A silent station generates no income. It looks like you (the OP) have some experience and are ready to go to the next level. Good for you. But you should look for an opportunity to grow, and that may not translate to great pay and benefits, a big budget for parts and equipment, or paid moving expenses. Sometimes you have to do something because you know it's the right thing to do. I know I have, several times in the course of my career. And doing the right thing is't something you can put a price on.
Yup

This is why I left radio engineering over a decade ago.
The corp board members get paid first, the rest falls in line.

Manager-Chief E, if you have any IT experience, I'd suggest to go in that direction, you might have a better chance of getting ahead.

This is why I left radio engineering over a decade ago.
The corp board members get paid first, the rest falls in line.

Manager-Chief E, if you have any IT experience, I'd suggest to go in that direction, you might have a better chance of getting ahead.
That's a great point. The traditional 'engineering' role has been replaced by a 'technical' one now that transmitters have become so much more reliable, and remaining studios more IP-based. If one doesn't update their skillsets to fit the industry, expect to be left behind. To be really marketable for well-paying jobs, it's better to have Cisco or some form of network certification and even be well-versed in cloud architecture and some levels of cyber security.

Back
Top Bottom