• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chick-fil-A opens its first New York City store

Will New Yorkers “eat mor chikin”?

More important, will eye-contact-averse New Yorkers take to a smiling staff uttering a string of pleasantries at a fast-food chain whose chief executive caused a national uproar a few years ago over his opposition to same-sex marriage?

Chick-fil-A, the fast-food juggernaut whose famous ads feature black-and-white cows bearing misspelled signs urging greater consumption of poultry, hopes so.

The company, privately held and built on a simple breaded chicken breast served on a soft, buttered bun lined with pickle slices, is opening its first full-service store in New York, one of the toughest and most unforgiving restaurant markets in the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/b...-its-sandwich-and-its-values-to-new-york.html

One of my daughters has worked in a Chic-fil-A store for a year now. I am impressed with their cleanliness and the way in which the help treats customers but the food is a non-starter. Having sampled virtually every food item I cannot, for the life of me, see the food as a major draw. Yes, it is good. No, it is not that unique. Yes, it is expensive for what you get. Of course, that used to be the McDonalds mantra when burgers were less than a buck and the fries were better than the competition. So perhaps it is just a life cycle thing.

Chick-Fil-A in one of the three anti-redneck markets in the country (the others being Boston and San Francisco)? I give it a year. Besides, their food stinks -- as in "Burger King other than the Whopper" stinks.

Chick-Fil-A in one of the three anti-redneck markets in the country (the others being Boston and San Francisco)? I give it a year. Besides, their food stinks -- as in "Burger King other than the Whopper" stinks.

They opened in Connecticut earlier this year. The one in my neck of the woods did big business for a month or two, but the novelty has worn off. Still seems to be doing better than the KFC and Popeyes down the road, though. I tried it once, was unimpressed. Nothing distinctive about it at all other than the sign out front proudly stating "CLOSED SUNDAYS!" Whatever.

The grilled chicken isn't that distinctive but it is good. The original, which I try to avoid because it seems unhealthy, is great and I think is unique. Their prices have gone up more than I would like. Customer service is very good.

Nothing distinctive about it at all other than the sign out front proudly stating "CLOSED SUNDAYS!" Whatever.

Wonder if they'd ever sell a franchise to an Orthodox Jewish owner? Then the store would have to be closed from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown and then all day Sunday?

Or maybe a seventh-day adventist? That'd be interesting.

Chick-fil-A in Manhattan Closes to Address Health Violations

Chick-fil-A’s Midtown Manhattan restaurant remained closed on Monday for a fifth business day after an inspection by city health officials found several violations, including the presence of fruit flies and food stored at the wrong temperature.

The closing was voluntary, according to an official at the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene who declined to be named. The store opened in October with great fanfare, and consumers continued to wait in a line that stretched along 37th Street right up until the company closed it on Dec. 30.

Carrie Kurlander, a company spokeswoman, said that Chick-fil-A had decided to close the store to make various changes to operations. “There is a little more work to be done from a facilities, maintenance and retraining standpoint, so we have decided to remain closed today until we believe everything exceeds standards,” Ms. Kurlander said by email.

She said she did not know when the restaurant would reopen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/05/b...closes-to-address-health-violations.html?_r=0

And don't forget the cockroaches. The only time I ever set foot into a Chik-Fil-A, there was a roach the size of a Buick crawling up the counter. I turned around and RAN out of there!

Roaches absolutely LOVE waffle fries!

And don't forget the cockroaches. The only time I ever set foot into a Chik-Fil-A, there was a roach the size of a Buick crawling up the counter. I turned around and RAN out of there!
You saw the roach THAT time.
Having worked in the food industry for many years I can say that you do not want to know what is happening behind the counter outside of your view.
It would swear you off any fast food for life.

Much like the Wizard of Oz you really should ignore the man behind the curtain.
The truth is far more dark and scary.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom