• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Charlotte Ratings posted 07/14/22

Wouldn't surprise me if 106.5 The End has the strongest AQH share of any Alternative formatted station in the country, with the possible exception of KPNT St. Louis.

Wouldn't surprise me if 106.5 The End has the strongest AQH share of any Alternative formatted station in the country, with the possible exception of KPNT St. Louis.
This month it's the third highest in the country behind KPNT St Louis with a 7.4 and KTBZ Houston with a 6.6.

Interesting that alternative is doing so well right now in Charlotte since the format struggles in many other large southern markets (the even more Alt friendly triangle doesn’t have anything for new rock!). For years it was almost always a basement dweller, and the signal is a bit challenged too, so that’s a nice surprise.

WBT seems to be crawling back. Has the FM simulcast benefit WFNZ any?

96.1 has fallen badly. They beat Kiss pretty regularly for a while in the early 2010s and they’re almost all the way at the bottom now.

I wonder how 95.7 does these days. I caught them the other day during e-skip and no change in over 20 years.

Interesting that alternative is doing so well right now in Charlotte since the format struggles in many other large southern markets (the even more Alt friendly triangle doesn’t have anything for new rock!). For years it was almost always a basement dweller, and the signal is a bit challenged too, so that’s a nice surprise.

96.1 has fallen badly. They beat Kiss pretty regularly for a while in the early 2010s and they’re almost all the way at the bottom now.

I wonder how 95.7 does these days. I caught them the other day during e-skip and no change in over 20 years.
I added WEND back to my presets the other day. The new PD has it sounding decent. They're more gold based than most alternative stations. I hadn't listened to WEND regularly since the early 2000s. WRFX seems to be a work in progress, and there has been some overlap with WEND recently.

WHQC is really struggling in mornings. That's a big part of what's dragging them down.

If WFNZ's numbers include 610 AM and 92.7 things are not going well.

I listen to WXRC F 95.7 fairly often, and while the presentation remains the same, the music is updated. Don't think Ace and TJ was a good fit on the station, they will certainly sound better back on Kiss 95.1.

I was told last week that Radio One is no longer reporting 610AM. You will notice it is listed as WFNZ-FM.
Stations don't "report" to Nielsen. Even unsubscribed stations encode and it is very rare for any PPM market not to encode.

Stations don't "report" to Nielsen. Even unsubscribed stations encode and it is very rare for any PPM market not to encode.
The person I spoke with who would have direct knowledge used the word report. I understand that is not the correct wording. I suspect they unsubscribed WFNZ-AM. I doubt they removed the PPM Encoder.

The person I spoke with who would have direct knowledge used the word report. I understand that is not the correct wording. I suspect they unsubscribed WFNZ-AM. I doubt they removed the PPM Encoder.
WFNZ’s ratings for both the AM and FM are reported under a single line item listed as “WFNZ-FM”. It’s common industry practice to report simulcasts that way.

Nielsen says as long as it is a direct simulcast with no variation, it can be reported as a single line item. For example, Beasley’s streams are a direct simulcast of the terrestrial side and are reported as a single line item. This change happened in 2020. If you look back at earlier numbers, there were separate line items such as “WBAV-FM Stream” because the commercials were different on the streaming side.

Wouldn’t 610 and 92.7 be eligible for single line reporting?
If it is a 100% simulcast (except for a limited quota of hours for sports play by play) then just about every simulcast selects single line reporting.

If it is a 100% simulcast (except for a limited quota of hours for sports play by play) then just about every simulcast selects single line reporting.
So rather than make an assumption, let me ask does WFNZ have any ratings AM or FM? I've been around long enough to know 6+ doesn't really tell the story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom