• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ch, Ch, Changes.

According to numerous reports, 89x has a new programming assistant, and Kim Scott is moving to middays. I find it funny that they didn't elaborate on what would happen to the 3pm spots and the night-time shift. I think Kim does a good job, but I think a shift where she doesn't have to interact with listeners much(like the midday shift) could help. I have an idea or two about what I would like to see, but, if you listen to 89x somewhat, or just have some knowledge, what would you do?

I'm not a fan of her doing evenings, but I think 3-7 or 10-3 would be good for her. I think they need to find a new morning show-and FAST! Have Jay Hudson at nights or I'd even like him in mornings. I wonder what the programming assistant will do, music-wise, with the station.

More changes at 89x. Reed slides into the 7-11 shift, and Mark McKenzie is now only on weekends. Happy for Reed making the move to evenings. Bummed that Mark fell all the way to weekends. I would like to see them open things up a little music wise. Some of the songs that they play during 'request hours" should be in the rotation. I'm not going to complain about the Canadian music. It's there, and will continue to be. It would be nice to hear certain songs played less, and some played more. They will likely continue to breaking crossover tunes that AMP and 95-5 will play eventually. As for the morning show, it's not that bad, but considering what people are used to, it seems like they are doing bad.

I hear you on the opening the playlist up. I was listening to the request hour on the way to the Wings opener and couldn't believe I heard Lamb of God. I never thought I'd hear them on commercial radio, save for People's Choice and maybe late nights on WRIF. I don't mind the Canadian content, since it fits with the playlist (unlike some other Canadian station in the market).

chrocket87 said:
I hear you on the opening the playlist up. I was listening to the request hour on the way to the Wings opener and couldn't believe I heard Lamb of God. I never thought I'd hear them on commercial radio, save for People's Choice and maybe late nights on WRIF. I don't mind the Canadian content, since it fits with the playlist (unlike some other Canadian station in the market).
Gotcha. Not sure what it's going to take for the River. I hear they do well in Windsor. Maybe a declining audience there will change things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom