• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CD packaging software

Renegade_X

Inactive
Inactive User
Sorry this is off topic, but I figured someone in this forum would know.

I've taken to buying alot of music in iTunes. The one problem is labels on the music. I don't want to create a mix CD, but CD singles of the music I buy (easier to handle when DJ'ing).

I'm looking for a software program that creates professional labels for jewel cases. Anyone have ideas? I'd like a label for the CD, and for the jewel case, and for it to have asthetic appeal.

..please...and thanks...

For labels I bought this Imation kit from Best Buy a while back. It covers the CD's rims completely so it looks pretty good. I don't really know the product name but it came with a device to apply the labels and it also included basic software to design the labels (however you could also just save out a design in Photoshop and import that as a picture). For the jewel case label it is feasible to just print one roughly the dimensions of the case and just cut it to fit. If you use photo paper it would even have a nice shine to it, however you some of us are not so gifted in our use or scissors. LOL

Hopefully this will give you some ideas with which to start.<P ID="signature">______________
Sir Nigel</P>

I've been happy using inkjet cd-r media with an Epson printer.

> > I've been happy using inkjet cd-r media with an Epson
> > printer.
> >
>
> It's all about Lightscribe. Got mine a couple of weeks back.
>
>
> www.lightscribe.com
>

Justin, Can you use laser thermal media or lightscribe media only?

> Sorry this is off topic, but I figured someone in this forum
> would know.
>
> I've taken to buying alot of music in iTunes. The one
> problem is labels on the music. I don't want to create a
> mix CD, but CD singles of the music I buy (easier to handle
> when DJ'ing).
>
> I'm looking for a software program that creates professional
> labels for jewel cases. Anyone have ideas? I'd like a
> label for the CD, and for the jewel case, and for it to have
> asthetic appeal.
>
> ..please...and thanks...
>

Renegade_X,

The most professional service I have found is
Mixonic

They actually silkscreen the cds and makes very professional looking graphics. Its not an actual program, but if you need a high-end package.. This company is your best bet!<P ID="signature">______________
www.1Club.FM INTERNET RADIO STATION
30 Channels... 1 Club DOT FM</P></P>

> > > I've been happy using inkjet cd-r media with an Epson
> > > printer.
> > >
> >
> > It's all about Lightscribe. Got mine a couple of weeks
> back.
> >
> >
> > www.lightscribe.com
> >
>
> Justin, Can you use laser thermal media or lightscribe media
> only?
>

Lightscribe media only.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom