• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS Radio/WW1 drops Jim Cramer's Real Money

From AllAccess.com -

ALL ACCESS hears that WESTWOOD ONE and CBS RADIO are dropping JIM CRAMER's daily syndicated "REALMONEY" from its lineup effective FRIDAY.

While affiliates have been told that the show is ending, ALL ACCESS' request for comment from WESTWOOD ONE was replied to with a spokesman's direction of the question to CBS RADIO, which has not responded.

What could this mean for WFNY-FM? O&A 6-10a with The Dog House going from 10a-2p? O&A would get the full morning slot and get the full effect of the ratings for mornings with no sacrifice to JV & Elvis... or maybe they'd flip-flop RadioChick & The Dog House... hmmm...

Discuss, ladies & gents...

That's a good question. No Cramer leaves a big hole from 2-3pm and they need to fill it. I would love to see the flip of The Dog house and Radio Chick.

Tony9000 said:
No Cramer leaves a big hole from 2-3pm and they need to fill it.

I know it was probably a typo, but for the uninitiated, it'd be 1-2p instead of 2-3. Penn Jillette will still be on from 2-3. The 1-2p hour will be the vacant one.

:D

Tony9000 said:
You are correct, but I would like to see Penn go also

Are you nuts? Penn is the best thing Free-FM has! I totally concur with most of his viewpoints and always find myself laughing at his stories. If anyone should go, it's The Radio Chick. She belongs elsewhere, like maybe Lite-FM or Mix 102.7 instead where the demographic that she appeals to can actually hear her.

throw on music then.. see how much it makes a difference... not gonna happen Isn't Jv and Elvis gonna be gone in a few weeks? hell the clocks ticking on their web page isn't it?

SoulCrusher said:
Tony9000 said:

Are you nuts? Penn is the best thing Free-FM has! I totally concur with most of his viewpoints and always find myself laughing at his stories. If anyone should go, it's The Radio Chick. She belongs elsewhere, like maybe Lite-FM or Mix 102.7 instead where the demographic that she appeals to can actually hear her.

Jamie said:
throw on music then.. see how much it makes a difference... not gonna happen Isn't Jv and Elvis gonna be gone in a few weeks? hell the clocks ticking on their web page isn't it?

John Mainelli is already trying to get rid of the music on Free FM, so adding music won't happen (if it wasn't for him, thanksgiving day and black fri would have all been free rock, but it was all "Best Of"s instead). JV & Elvis are out of nowhere having public events and appearances, so I don't think they're gonna get canned. I think the whole "contract expiration" is just a ploy for listeners to step up at the last minute and show their support for the guys. All so management can size them up and see if they're a viable show, which I think they are. They're just on at the wrong time. PM drive would be a much better timeslot for them.

SoulCrusher said:
Tony9000 said:

Penn's laugh make me nuts. I do agree with you on the Radio Chick show, that show just does not fit WFNY. And I am sure the new PD knows it.

PLACING JIM CRAMER'S MONEY SHOW ON (FREE-FM) WFNY IS LIKE PUTTING A HIP-HOP COUNTDOWN SHOW ON AN AC STATION.

CRAMER'S SHOW IS BETTER ON AN AM TALK OR AN OLDER ADULT MUSIC STATION.

THANKS,
KEVIN L. SEALY[

I think it is dumb how the decsition seems to be up to this one person. I wouldn't mind the best of O&A but otherwise thurs and fri Did suck. WPDH's 106.3 been doin a lot of rockin lately beind heard loud and cleary in my hometown. otherswise its just the ipod all the way

mikesingh said:
Jamie said:

John Mainelli is already trying to get rid of the music on Free FM, so adding music won't happen (if it wasn't for him, thanksgiving day and black fri would have all been free rock, but it was all "Best Of"s instead). JV & Elvis are out of nowhere having public events and appearances, so I don't think they're gonna get canned. I think the whole "contract expiration" is just a ploy for listeners to step up at the last minute and show their support for the guys. All so management can size them up and see if they're a viable show, which I think they are. They're just on at the wrong time. PM drive would be a much better timeslot for them.

Cramer is on FreeFMs (and KNX in LA) because no one else wants his show during the week. Gotta have major market clears for a successful show. Maybe they could pay WOR and take Lionel's first hour.

mikesingh said:
Jamie said:

John Mainelli is already trying to get rid of the music on Free FM, so adding music won't happen (if it wasn't for him, thanksgiving day and black fri would have all been free rock, but it was all "Best Of"s instead). JV & Elvis are out of nowhere having public events and appearances, so I don't think they're gonna get canned. I think the whole "contract expiration" is just a ploy for listeners to step up at the last minute and show their support for the guys.

Nah dude, their contract IS up at the end of the year and they do not have a deal. They may or may not get one but they have made a lot of noise about wanting to be on mornings or afternoons etc and neither will happen at Free Fm. IF they ahd somewhere else to go they would but they do not so unfortunately they are in pretty much of a take it or leave it position IF Free fm decides to resign them. Maybe not what DOg housfans here want to hear but it's truth, they are not in high demand and they also have a bit of a bad rep as a show and in the current nut less radio climate no body wants to hire a headache.

Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of horny 25 year olds want nothing more than to listen to Neal Boortz talk about the flat tax.

According to allaccess, Friday/today is the final show.

Please rise, remove your hats and repoeat after me:

"BOOOOYAH"

KJCB said:
Maybe they could pay WOR and take Lionel's first hour.

Cramer was just syndicated by WOR's syndication arm before the CBS deal!

So, let's see: Clear Channel/Premiere... WOR Network... CBS Radio... that's three entities that syndicated a Cramer radio show whose contracts ended abruptly. Think the guy's hard to work with?

Foe Paw said:
KJCB said:
Maybe they could pay WOR and take Lionel's first hour.

Cramer was just syndicated by WOR's syndication arm before the CBS deal!

So, let's see: Clear Channel/Premiere... WOR Network... CBS Radio... that's three entities that syndicated a Cramer radio show whose contracts ended abruptly. Think the guy's hard to work with?

I doubt it, how many hosts actually have anything to do with their syndicators? they just do the show and let the lawyers/agents worry about everything else if they're smart, and Cramer is obviously smart. I think he has just been over extended betweem the CNBC show which no one expected to be the runaway hit that it is, plus the books etc......Why bother with the radio show?? why not scale back I bet he's thinking.He can't need the money!.

The radio show wasn't that bad, but he's better at TV anyway. I am well aware that WOR used to syndicate the show, but we all know they're good for a case of paytoiletry should a syndicator want to clear a show in NYC. Without WW1's forced clearances on CBS O&Os, he'd have been relegated to a list of sixth-tier financial news daytimers anyway.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom