• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Canada: Bell Media closes 6 AMs, selling 3 others

Shortwave listeners will note that CKMX Calgary, one of the stations that is shutting down, is the originating station for CFVP on 6030 kHz. Guessing that will be gone as well, leaving CFRX 6070 Toronto as Canada’s last SW broadcast station.

I am beginning to think I have seen too many "end of an era": AM radio, short wave radio, analog TV, wire line telephones, incandescent light bulbs, sane politics and trust of government.

I am beginning to think I have seen too many "end of an era": AM radio, short wave radio, analog TV, wire line telephones, incandescent light bulbs, sane politics and trust of government.
The first five of those are just evolutionary progressions to something much better. The last two are extinctions that are a tragic loss.

Two 50,000 watt AM stations in Vancouver, Canada's #3 city, will sign off at the same time. Not even an ethnic or religious buyer apparently wanted 1040 or 1410.

It looks like 820 and 1150 in Hamilton will each have new owners, as well as 580 in Windsor. I'd imagine they will either be ethnic or religious.

Shortwave listeners will note that CKMX Calgary, one of the stations that is shutting down, is the originating station for CFVP on 6030 kHz. Guessing that will be gone as well, leaving CFRX 6070 Toronto as Canada’s last SW broadcast station.
I believe CFRX is funded by the Ontario DX Association

Back
Top Bottom