• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

C&W Hit Parade 1961-1965

Bear Family Records (http://www.bear-family.de/) has released their latest compilations of early country music, Country And Western Hit Parade. Now available are years 1961 - 1965. Bear Family previously released years 1945 - 1960. You may also buy through Amazon.com (new or used, depending upon availability).

Each single-CD album in the series Country And Western Hit Parade: Dim Lights, Thick Smoke, and Hillbilly Music features about 30 songs from one year. Liner notes (50+ pages), photographs, and session information are complete and excellent!

Bear Family also has 27 volumes of Rockabilly in a series entitled That'll Flat Git It and exhaustive compilations of Sun artists.

hats off to bear family records. lots of good info and pictures always included. recently picked up bear release by, dick curless. famous for the 1965 truckin hit song "tombstone every mile", and from 1970, my fav "drag 'em off the interstate, sock it to 'em J.P. blues". this release has every song he ever recorded. i hope bear someday releases leona williams, and mel street complete compilation discs. got much of it on vinyl, but i fear the wear and tear........

I Love the Bear Family label..their compilations are huge, average 10 cd's per package, the booklets are truly comprehensive, their CW library is second to none.....my only knock is the sound quality....I am guessing they record off "best Available LP's" i don't think they have access to alot of original studio masters...... maybe it's just my ear,but ???

jfrancispastirchak said:
Think maybe Bear Family has been reading our posts?

If they are ... Please Bear Family get me a Faron Young 10CD plus box of his Capitol years in stereo, and I will buy on the spot.

Seconded about Bear Family releasing the Mel Street complete works. I have many of his 45 singles, but "Smoky Mountain Memories" has been elusive. I even own the original Tandem issue of "Borrowed Angel" before it was issued on Royal American.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom