• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bryan Schock returning to San Diego to KGB

B

Bob_Hudson

Did you see this on the forum's home page: "Radio-Info confirms that former WRXP-FM (101.9) New York PM Drive/MD Bryan Schock is heading to San Diego, joining KGB-FM (101.5) in the same capacity, later this month"

Bryan was at 91x and KGB before he headed east.

Now tell me that Hergon, Dean Goss or Jim McGinnis was coming back and that would be exciting.

Domino Rippy said:
Dean Goss....

I worked with Goss, doing nights at KCBQ: he's a showbiz hack not at all in the same league at all as a JM in the PM.

I like Bryan. I've worked with him in San Diego and LA, but this seems like a bizarre, misguided hire for CC. I didn't really care for Ditch, but he was a personality. Bryan is a jock, and even more, a programmer. KGB already has a PD, and they've used a steady stream of intern-types/entry level clerical folks to generate music logs for years, so I'm finding their renewed interest in the music curious. Radio, in general is behind the curve on a lot of things. There is a big wave headed ashore, and CC/San Diego is doing the same things they (and the rest of radio) always do. The status quo are about to get soaked!

I also heard Coe Lewis say yesterday that she was officially rehired at KGB and will be doing mid-days for them. Still doesnt get back Bobby Hill, but its a start.

To Worthless: I respectfully disagree with you! Bobbie Hill is not just a good jock she's a damn good jock with more experience, rock knowlege and personality than anyone on that poser KPRI. Bobbie's shows were Live not Voice Tracked crap like KPRI's alleged talent. That slacker excuse for a station wishes they had half the audience KGB/Bobbie has had but it's doubtful they ever will with their current play list!

Bobbie Hill, Coe Lewis, and Cindy Pace were some of the finest ladies on the radio recently. It's good to have Coe back in her lair at KGB; Bobbie can be heard on satellite radio on the weekends doing Animal Radio, and Cindy .... is baking fine cookies in North County.

D.J.1144 said:
To Worthless: I respectfully disagree with you! Bobbie Hill is not just a good jock she's a damn good jock with more experience, rock knowlege and personality than anyone on that poser KPRI. Bobbie's shows were Live not Voice Tracked crap like KPRI's alleged talent. That slacker excuse for a station wishes they had half the audience KGB/Bobbie has had but it's doubtful they ever will with their current play list!

+1 on KPRI

I spoke in haste. I should have added that Bobbie would sound better at a station such as Star, or KYXY. She just doesn't sound right for classic rock.

Bobbie Hill is not just a good jock she's a damn good jock with more experience, rock knowlege and personality than anyone on that poser KPRI. Bobbie's shows were Live not Voice Tracked crap like KPRI's alleged talent. That slacker excuse for a station wishes they had half the audience KGB/Bobbie has had but it's doubtful they ever will with their current play list!

Keep in mind that when you see praise coming from DJ1144 - That it just happens to be Bobbie Hill tooting her own horn. Quite a rather bias opinion to say the least!

BlueMoonBomber said:
Bobbie Hill is not just a good jock she's a damn good jock with more experience, rock knowlege and personality than anyone on that poser KPRI. Bobbie's shows were Live not Voice Tracked crap like KPRI's alleged talent. That slacker excuse for a station wishes they had half the audience KGB/Bobbie has had but it's doubtful they ever will with their current play list!

Keep in mind that when you see praise coming from DJ1144 - That it just happens to be Bobbie Hill tooting her own horn. Quite a rather bias opinion to say the least!

There's a comment worth taking to the bank.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom