• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bruce Mayo/Erik O' Day Dies of lung cancer

WHO was on WSFL in the 70's & 80's and spent time on various other stations including the DC market and was one of the most talented people I've ever met...THAT"S WHO...

Allen

allenv said:
WHO was on WSFL in the 70's & 80's and spent time on various other stations including the DC market and was one of the most talented people I've ever met...THAT"S WHO...

Allen
Sorry, but you can't expect everyone to know every radio personality. I've only heard Greenville/New Bern stations a few times in my life. I'm more familiar with Wilmington and Fayetteville.

Good old Tom Bruce Mayo. Great Guy, Spent many hours listening to the stories. You will be missed. ED

I ran into Eric in the late 80's when he came to join us at the then WFMA/WCEC in Rocky Mount. He was hired to do news and I think sales. He didn't stay long as I recall, smoked liked a freight train. We had many long discussions about old radio and the "late great Eddie Dee" with whom O'Day had worked at WSFL ;and I think WRNB or WRHT in New Bern. R.I.P.

The last radio Bruce did I know of was up around DC in 2001..He sent me a tape and he was still as funny and sharp as ever..Alot of days at the station Wayne and I will get on the topic of the one and only Erik O'Day..What a guy..What a talent..I miss him..When I was at WRQR in the early to mid 90's he would just come by and spend time while I was on the air..Some people are just naturally entertaining..He was for sure.. Gosh he was funny..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom