• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Brake and accelerator

I may have started a topic like this.

In a 1984 Buick, if I was listening to a distant AM station and stepped on the brake I would hear screaming.

Now I drive a 1997 Mercury and the AM antenna's not very good. A distant station will get messed up by sort of a screaming sound if I step on the accelerator. But not the brake.

vchimpanzee said:

In a 1984 Buick, if I was listening to a distant AM station and stepped on the brake I would hear screaming.

Now I drive a 1997 Mercury and the AM antenna's not very good. A distant station will get messed up by sort of a screaming sound if I step on the accelerator. But not the brake.

Probably noise from the car's computer.

KeithE4 said:
vchimpanzee said:

Probably noise from the car's computer.
Well, what about the brake noise in the Buick? By the way, its radio quit working which was one reason I changed cars. the other reason was the fear of getting stranded on long trips. I never have sprung for a cell phone.

most cars have carefully balanced filtering to deal with the increasing amount of on-board computing power. These go bad over time and need to be replaced.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom