• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Ratings

WBZ-FM back at the Top ( Celtics Playoffs games ). WNNW ( Lawrence Spanish Tropical ) still beating WZRM ( 97.7 Spanish Hits ) .
Do you think that a possible flip of Rumba 97.7 to the new format iHeartMedia debuted last week in Sacramento be in the works? What about on 101.7 The Bull instead?

Do you think that a possible flip of Rumba 97.7 to the new format iHeartMedia debuted last week in Sacramento be in the works? What about on 101.7 The Bull instead?
For 97.7, iHeart is trying to bolster its sales within the Latino demographic, higher ratings or not. Same case with WUMR in Philly. Besides, didn't iHeart try an 80s/90s/2000s format before on 97.7? (And if iHeart is so desperate to flip 97.7, the format change may be to a simulcast of WBZ.)

101.7 the Bull is providing both Bobby Bones and a tug on WKLB.

For 97.7, iHeart is trying to bolster its sales within the Latino demographic, higher ratings or not. Same case with WUMR in Philly. Besides, didn't iHeart try an 80s/90s/2000s format before on 97.7? (And if iHeart is so desperate to flip 97.7, the format change may be to a simulcast of WBZ.)

101.7 the Bull is providing both Bobby Bones and a tug on WKLB.
While they did, it was an 70's/80's format that seemed very unfocused. The new Kiss 107.9 in Sacramento is playing 90's and 200's, and appears to have a definitive sound and target audience. The format and sound is different.

If iHeartMedia feels that one of their formats is not working here, then I could see it happening. I would not at all be surprised if they attempted it on 101 7.

Do you think that a possible flip of Rumba 97.7 to the new format iHeartMedia debuted last week in Sacramento be in the works?
97.7 is not a full market signal. It puts a 65 dbu over less than 40% 0f the market. It's not viable for a mass market format.

My understanding from previous discussions here:

Rumba is essentially the only "full market (despite not covering the full market)" station with a Spanish language format. That helps with gaining advertising that aims to attract people whose primary language is Spanish.

The Bull not only pulls listeners away from WKLB, which once could challenge Kiss 108, but it appears to help clear national programming from iHeart.

With this understanding, I don't see either flipping. If they bring in money, why flip them? Just like the suggestion to put WBZ 1030 on FM. Why? That takes away a revenue stream.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom