• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boss Is Back (For A Day)

lanceventa

Administrator
Staff member
Beasley sent out a press release that 102.9 WMGK will be "Boss Radio" on Thursday as part of a promotion for the Springsteen concert.

A few here will note the irony in that Beasley was the former owner of the very not-Springsteen compatible "Boss 97" WBSS Millville/Atlantic City in the early 90s.

BOSS RADIO logo.png

Gee, I wonder if they'll play more than the half-a-dozen Springsteen songs that get regular radio airplay.

To me, "Boss Radio" is Famous 56, WFIL.

Bill

Gee, I wonder if they'll play more than the half-a-dozen Springsteen songs that get regular radio airplay.

Bill
I listen to them on line every day, nice "oh wow" oldies, fantastic jingles and great stereo effect, kudos who ever put this together, WIBG ran a good site for years but it vanished.

Bill

Will happily give kudos to WMGK for a solid mix that went deeper than you'd expect. Looking at 1pm on (since previous hours have rolled off the "recently played" page), they did play a handful of songs 2x over the course of the afternoon and evening ("Pink Cadillac," "Jersey Girl," "I'm Going Down," "Fire," etc.) but the fact that they were working in "4th of July Asbury Park," "New York City Serenade," "Incident...", "Detroit Medley," etc. was pretty cool.

Probably could have included a couple post-Rising tracks like "Radio Nowhere" and "Ghosts" in there, but that's just me being picky.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom