• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BOBBY RYDELL UNDERGOES DOUBLE TRANSPLANT

Amazing; double transplant surgery and out of the hospital in a week.

jfrancispastirchak said:
radioman148 said:
Wishing Bobby the best. He is a class act.
His fans will never Forget Him.
he is definitely a wild one, and we are not ready to say Volare to him quite yet.

No artist got screwed more by the idiots who programmed oldies radio stations than Bobby Rydell. Bobby had about 15 top twenty hits between 1959-1964 and the oldies stations played none of them. Nothing sucks more than oldies stations program directors trying to rewrite history. Revisionist history is bullshit.

RADIO TRUTH said:
No artist got screwed more by the idiots who programmed oldies radio stations than Bobby Rydell. Bobby had about 15 top twenty hits between 1959-1964 and the oldies stations played none of them. Nothing sucks more than oldies stations program directors trying to rewrite history. Revisionist history is bullshit.

You know what those PDs will tell you........................the songs "didn't test well".

RADIO TRUTH said:

Amen to that

FRR said:
RADIO TRUTH said:

Amen to that
AMEN again!

By all accounts one of the truly good guys and class acts in pop/rock music history. Here's wishing him a full and speedy recovery. I didn't know about his health issues either. I heard him a few months back on-air with Dick Biondi on WLS-FM, and he sounded great. He and Biondi were talking about going out for pasta together the next time they met up.

And as for him being stiffed by oldies radio, I couldn't agree more (he's certainly in regular rotation on my iPod ;D) But I think the protracted legal battles over the original material in the Cameo-Parkway catalogue probably didn't help matters.

cyberdad said:
By all accounts one of the truly good guys and class acts in pop/rock music history. Here's wishing him a full and speedy recovery. I didn't know about his health issues either. I heard him a few months back on-air with Dick Biondi on WLS-FM, and he sounded great. He and Biondi were talking about going out for pasta together the next time they met up.

And as for him being stiffed by oldies radio, I couldn't agree more (he's certainly in regular rotation on my iPod ;D) But I think the protracted legal battles over the original material in the Cameo-Parkway catalogue probably didn't help matters.

Bobby Rydell is a true class act. I had a chance to meet him back in the 90s at one of his shows in Reno, Nv. What a talent and a great guy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom