• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bob Barry

okaster

Inactive
Inactive User
Sad news about the legendary Bob Barry. Sad also that for a station that touts itself as a news source, KRMG has nothing on the website as of 5pm Sunday afternoon. Oh yah...it's the weekend. They're worthless.

Bob was a wonderful guy for sure. He was an absolute pleasure to work with... One of the nicest guys in broadcasting out there. RIP Big Bob.

okaster said:
Sad news about the legendary Bob Barry. Sad also that for a station that touts itself as a news source, KRMG has nothing on the website as of 5pm Sunday afternoon. Oh yah...it's the weekend. They're worthless.

You also have to remember that alot of folks in the Tulsa area don't really know who Bob Barry is. Some do, for sure, but most don't have the familiarity with him that OKC-area folks do.

A lot of the folks don't know who Bob Barry is? I mean he has only been calling OU and OSU games for 50 years. I guess there aren't any Sooner fans in Tulsa.

Media Mogul said:
A lot of the folks don't know who Bob Barry is? I mean he has only been calling OU and OSU games for 50 years. I guess there aren't any Sooner fans in Tulsa.

Yeah, that's exactly right. ::)

My point is, Bob Barry wasn't on TV in Tulsa. I'm sure there are plenty of people who may have listened to OU or OSU games on the radio and are aware of Bob Barry, but really what I'm getting at, is that it isn't big news in Tulsa because this isn't the 40's and people aren't glued to their radios. Had he been a sports director in Tulsa, that would be a different story. When Bill Teegins died, that was big news in Tulsa because Tulsans remembered him from his days as a sports director at KOTV.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom