• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bill Cosby, 81, is sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison for 2004 sex crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither will the people who once worked in Auschwitz and other similar facilities back when they were actively operating..But when they find those people, they do their best to arrest and convict them, regardless how elderly they may now be. Mob figures who killed when they were younger are jailed when they're seemingly too old to be a real threat, and people are rounded up and convicted for criminal acts they committed sometimes decades earlier. "I'm old now, I can't possibly hurt anyone else" is not a viable defense for any of these people.
All of the above plus in this digital age, sexual misconduct can be via email, or internet posting etc; I believe that Cosby is prohibited from having a twitter, Facebook account etc; if that's not the case, it should be.......

People in their 80's and 90's can still sexually harass, anyone believing otherwise is extremely naive.

Not even close for the crimes he committed. Drugging and raping women? Dude deserves decades to rot away.
The big problem with this discussion started -- as internet discussions so often do -- when Nazis were brought into it with the mention of World War II criminals and Auschwitz. Personally sending hundreds, thousands or millions to their death vs. what Cosby did? On scale alone, there is no comparison, and those convicted of direct involvement in the former have received no mercy whatsoever. There is at least room for discussion on Cosby, although I agree with you that, especially with his victims and their loved ones still alive, he ought to remain in prison until death.

I certainly wasn’t comparing them. because bad thing number one happened does not mean bad thing number two need be viewed on some comparability scale.

As for Cosby, so long as no one is drugging and assaulting him, he’s being treated better than his victims were.

No, it was Mikey Radio who brought up Auschwitz, and I hope he wasn't equating the crimes either. Anyway, your fundamental points and his are both solid, and I agree fully.
I wasn't, the comment wasn't made in that context and I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended or disturbed. That certainly wasn't the intent and hopefully one realizes that by the way my comment was worded. Enjoying this discussion thread and the points being brought up and made by all...

Last edited:

More unfortunate than repulsive.

Prosecutorial error forced the court's hand. Really nothing the justices could do but throw out the conviction, regardless of the very apparent merits of the case against him and the results of the trial. Under the law, that trial was void as soon as whatever things Cosby had said previously about the charges that weren't prosecuted were used against him in court:

The court said that a prosecutor's decision not to charge Cosby, 83, opened the door for him to speak freely in a lawsuit against him — and that testimony was key in his conviction years later by another prosecutor.

I’m aware of the original prosecutor’s history from relatives in that area, and he should be ashamed of his conduct from day one. He is a soulless, vile opportunist.

I’m aware of the original prosecutor’s history from relatives in that area, and he should be ashamed of his conduct from day one. He is a soulless, vile opportunist.
Well, well, well ... look whom that prosecutor had recent ties to ....

I’m simply repulsed that anyone gives an admitted rapist and his enablers attention and validity. And that “spokesperson” is among the most vile of the entire sleazy crew.

The sparking point for investigation. Hope for the best from Hannibal Buress because he will face retaliation along with the Cosby Victims for telling the truth in his rant.

Lets just say our justice system does like to not only "Blame the victim" but in some cases like to "Blame the Hero" too when it comes to rape cases. In some cases if the hero blows the whistle or use deadly force on somebody like Cosby or any other rapist that hero will end up in a paranoid situation in court because these people only knew of a rapist retaliating on the victims but not the ones that are supposed to be the good Samaritans. In those cases they had no idea of retaliation on the hero.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom