• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BE FM3C power supplies

Does anyone know of a source for the BE FM3C power supplies? Other than BE. They are out of stock and don not know when they will be back in stock. I have 2 out of 3 power supplies out of commission in my transmitter.

Does anyone know of a source for the BE FM3C power supplies? Other than BE. They are out of stock and don not know when they will be back in stock. I have 2 out of 3 power supplies out of commission in my transmitter.

Not sure about the FM3C, but most of the switching power supplies weren't made by the transmitter manufacturer. If you open up the power supply box, I'll bet you'll be able to cross reference the actual power supply guts to a source from a manufacturer of the supply. Once you have the brand, model and serial number of the actual supply, check Digikey, Newark, or even E-bay, for a replacement unit. Then all you need to do is swap the internals. May take a little soldering, but will be less expensive and more available. In fact, you might want to pick up a couple spares to keep for future replacement.

Check with Mike Patton in Baton Rouge, La. If he doesn't have any, he may be able to repair the defective ones. http://michaelpatton.com/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom